Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
SJR

BBC Licence fee and the over 75's...

11 minutes ago, kevster said:

OK. But do me a favour and spell it properly - ‘licence’, not ‘license’

soz; my bad. ;)

I have never watched anything on the BBC since Dirty Den murdered a German cabbie in real life.Sometimes when bored I look at the website splash page to see what is going on in the World.Apparently "BBC stars join appeal to find eggheads photo left on a bus". You could not make up that front page news.

1 hour ago, SJR said:

I have never watched anything on the BBC since Dirty Den murdered a German cabbie in real life.Sometimes when bored I look at the website splash page to see what is going on in the World.Apparently "BBC stars join appeal to find eggheads photo left on a bus". You could not make up that front page news.

Methinks you are telling porkies 

I can exaggerate a bit but hopefully someone will get the point..Pay that rancid self serving anti IOM fuck all..

1 hour ago, SJR said:

You're a good man, SJR. Pity others don't share your laudable morality.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Methinks you are telling porkies 

He is as mixed up as TJ.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SJR said:

I have never watched anything on the BBC since Dirty Den murdered a German cabbie in real life.

Nothing since 1966?

The BBC is biased and is crap.    Even the constant repeats are crap.    As for that Lineker crisp eating creature he is crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, display name said:

Nothing since 1966?

SJR = Bullshit.

42 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The BBC is biased and is crap.    Even the constant repeats are crap.    As for that Lineker crisp eating creature he is crap.

I think for the latter two,you'd have to check to know and also watch ITV.

• Like 1

Wow that was a cavalry charge of the best anonymous minds on Manx Forums..No wonder I post on Mensa .com.To keep it short sharp and simple.....Let nobody pay and see if they lock us all up.I never answer the door and if that imaginary TV licence van appears I will disappear into the wild blue yonder.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/negotiations-on-licence-fee-changes-start-in-autumn-says-minister/

Well, I see Brigadier Boring is on the case and is going to be having "talks" with the BBC in the Autumn....I have just looked into my crystal ball and have seen......

Phone rings on a desk somewhere in BBC TV Centre...

"Hello Martin, there is some chap here who says he is a Minister from the Isle of Wight or something. Here's here to negotiate keeping free TV Licences for the over 75's there. I think he's been drinking."

Martin: "Call security".

24 hours later:

Media Release from Cabinet Office

Robust talks between Minister Thomas and BBC senior management were held in London yesterday. Minister Thomas spent over an hour at the BBC and said that "I received a warm welcome at the BBC, and I believe it was a positive meeting. We aren't in a position to release any details yet, as it is likely I will be going back to London at sometime in the near future to meet with some more people at a high level."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, GD4XXX said:

soz; my bad. ;)

Think of advice and advise.

It works.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:34 PM, hissingsid said:

You poor soul.

Being forced to watch tv.

If they put on endless repeats of Love Island I can't see you keeping your sanity for long....