Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Grounds Keeper Willy

MHK wins UK competition for politicians

He's one mhk who seems to be taking the mental health of the islands residents serious and is trying to do something about it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

Jeez, another unnecessary band wagon that will cost us dear.

Poor Rob must be spitting feathers...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Neil Down said:

Poor Rob must be spitting feathers...

Wonder if he'll raise it in Tynwald...?

• Sad 1

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Wonder if he'll raise it in Tynwald...?

There’ll need to be a consultancy firm involved plus a few surgeries in Onchan followed by weeks on his blog on how it should have been him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

He is a good chap, needs to be heard a bit more as he does a lot of work that nobody hears about.

Your place at the top table with the Grandmaster is guaranteed - iron that Apron.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Your place at the top table with the Grandmaster is guaranteed - iron that Apron.....

Looking forward to it. 

I do wonder why someone's good works should be questioned because he's a member of what is essentially a social club?

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

He's one mhk who seems to be taking the mental health of the islands residents serious and is trying to do something about it.

Like what? Genuine question, not saying he isn't.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I do wonder why someone's good works should be questioned because he's a member of what is essentially a social club?

I suppose if you want to play semantics and pretend associations exist without context or internal structure, literally any group of people in history -- good or bad -- could be labelled a "social club".

Edited by Rushen Spy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I know he's involved with Quing, which is a Manx mental health charity.

2 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I suppose if you want to play semantics and pretend associations exist without context or internal structure, literally any group of people in history -- good or bad -- could be labelled a "social club".

Structure, you mean like the Scouts? The Freemasons have a structure but what evidence is there that there is anything other than charitable works and ceremonial content in their meetings?

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Structure, you mean like the Scouts? The Freemasons have a structure but what evidence is there that there is anything other than charitable works and ceremonial content in their meetings?

Max - please be careful charitable work is often used as a defence for all the corruption, nepotism and wrong in organisations and those involved / signed up are often oblivious to the facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I meant doctrinal structure relative to hierarchical position. Also, I was referring to the associations and activities in a broader social and historical context. You can't assess Freemasonry as a self-contained organism existing in a vacuum.

Edited by Rushen Spy

42 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Read the article

But in short he helped get a charity off the ground for people with mental health issues. Walked past one of their meetings the other day and he was in there talking to people from what I hear he is heavily involved not one of these who is happy with the association 

3 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Max - please be careful charitable work is often used as a defence for all the corruption, nepotism and wrong in organisations and those involved / signed up are often oblivious to the facts.

So, what are the facts?