Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Chinahand

Tory leadership race

It’s going to be Boris. 

That is who the Tory shires want. 

Gawd what a situation. 

Boris, three basically identical charisma free candidates and Rory Stewart trying to be I’m different honest speaking John. 

I’m not sure who I’d pick. 

Raab's exit was crucial for Boris.

Rubbery Stewart, "coherent and lyrical" he may be, is probably Boris's only realistic contender.

Gove wriggling like he's just sat on something wet. Hasn't a chance.

Why does Hunt always look somewhat surprised?

Sajid sounds like his heart's in it, I like him, he would give Rubbery a run for his money.

Maitless needs to stop talking over the candidates so much and let them answer.

Shame there's no women in it...

_20190614_084146.JPG

• Haha 2

I like Boris Johnson and have expected him to be an inevitable PM for quite a few years. I hope he will deliver Brexit.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

With the possible exceptions of Stewart and Javid I quake at the thought of any of these freaks exerting influence over the governance of the UK.

This is not about the well-being of the UK or its relationship with Europe. This is all about survival of the Conservative party and self-promotion.

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

I like Boris Johnson and have expected him to be an inevitable PM for quite a few years. I hope he will deliver Brexit.

You funny. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Never mind the state of the nation good tories always vote with their wallet.

Never mind the state of the nation good tory MP's always vote with their best chance of being re-elected.

As to the rest, well, they don't vote tory so fuck 'em a la Margaret Thatcher....

Edited by P.K.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, P.K. said:

Never mind the state of the nation good tories always vote with their wallet.

Never mind the state of the nation good tory MP's always vote with their best chance of being re-elected.

As to the rest, well, they don't vote tory so fuck 'em a la Margaret Thatcher....

Oh dear, same old same old eh?

Thatcher SAVED the UK.  If that anti-Semitic POS Corbyn and his cabal get into office I just hope that a Maggie clone emerges in time to do the same.  As for this lot I'm just sorry that Andrea Leadsom has been dropped. 

17 minutes ago, Rog said:

Oh dear, same old same old eh?

Thatcher SAVED the UK.  If that anti-Semitic POS Corbyn and his cabal get into office I just hope that a Maggie clone emerges in time to do the same.  As for this lot I'm just sorry that Andrea Leadsom has been dropped. 

I doubt very much if there's anyone in the UK who doesn't realise that something had to be done.

But the way she did it, sacrificing whole communities on the alter of political dogma?

Little wonder there was such an outpouring of hatred at her demise.

As to this crop of self-serving chinless wonders I have to say this made me smile:

Rory Stewart is ‘active MI6 agent infiltrating extreme right-wing organisation’

RORY Stewart is an active MI6 agent currently in deep cover in an extreme right-wing group planning to devastate Britain, sources have revealed

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/rory-stewart-is-active-mi6-agent-infiltrating-extreme-right-wing-organisation-20190618186714

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I doubt very much if there's anyone in the UK who doesn't realise that something had to be done.

But the way she did it, sacrificing whole communities on the alter of political dogma?

Little wonder there was such an outpouring of hatred at her demise.

As to this crop of self-serving chinless wonders I have to say this made me smile:

Rory Stewart is ‘active MI6 agent infiltrating extreme right-wing organisation’

RORY Stewart is an active MI6 agent currently in deep cover in an extreme right-wing group planning to devastate Britain, sources have revealed

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/rory-stewart-is-active-mi6-agent-infiltrating-extreme-right-wing-organisation-20190618186714

I can't stand what I see where Stewart is concerned.  But back to Maggie, those communities were based on industries that only survived on massive subsidies of hard working tax payers money.  No political dogma, just plain economic sense.

No one is denying something had to be done.

It was just the heartless way she did it.

But hell, they don't vote tory etc.....

The folks in the EU have nothing but hatred for Boris and his lies. Don't forget there's someone still languishing in an Iranian prison because of him....

• Like 1

So will we be getting the General Election Boris so desperately craved like when there was a transition from Blair to Brown in 2007?

19 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

So will we be getting the General Election Boris so desperately craved like when there was a transition from Blair to Brown in 2007?

Of course not!

Boris knows that good tories always always always vote with their wallets. So he started his campaign by announcing tax cuts to folks on £50k+ to guarantee the 100k or so membership vote for him.

Simples.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Also voters knew that Blair would stand down at some point for Brown and Blair said he would before the 2005 election. I think there's a difference between an orderly hand over (Wilson to Callaghan / Blair to Brown) that is essentially a continuation of the elected government but with a new figurehead and a bankbench rebellion that ousts a PM (Thatcher to Major, May to ????). There was even more legitimacy in the Cameron to May handover, because the referendum was a clear signal that Cameron's plan for the country had been rejected. 

FFS, it doesn't make any difference to anything, they are all the same.  Might as well have Kim Kardashian for PM for all the difference it would make.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Of course not!

Boris knows that good tories always always always vote with their wallets. So he started his campaign by announcing tax cuts to folks on £50k+ to guarantee the 100k or so membership vote for him.

Simples.....

Indeed.

It is interesting to see the flip-flop of serial arsehole "Lord" Sugar when money is involved:

Breaking-News7.png