Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Grounds Keeper Willy

Public beneficial ownership register to be introduced

This could prove interesting!

Listening to Howard trying to justify this I’m not convinced he knows what he’s signed us up to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Twitch said:

Listening to Howard trying to justify this I’m not convinced he knows what he’s signed us up to.

He is on record the last time as saying they would fight it robustly as “thousands” of jobs could be at stake so I can only now assume that thousands of jobs are at stake. Good job Brexit is going to be so positive for our economy otherwise we’d be stuffed! 

33 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I think we are stuffed 

We've been stuffed since this lot got voted in...

A major question I would be asking is what has the Isle of Man got out of this in terms of concessions?

MOs Hodge and Mitchell came from the UK Parliament with demand which HRH The Chief Minister flufffed and blustered his way through, in the process it made the IOM a laughing stock. 

In some respects we always knew this island would abide by .’rules’. In this case it seems HRH The Chief Minister has rolled over for a tummy tickle. 

Whatever this island does, open register, new lists, lists of bank accounts .......... campaignsers in the UK, Tax Justice etc will never be happy. It will be a case of let’s chip away further at the IOM finance industry.. Even worse is the serious loony tunes which live in this island who are prepared to side with left wingers determined to bring down the islands finance industry (what’s left of it) has 

A bit of quiet pressure and "gentle expectation" taken place between Westminster and IoM...?

And "The line that we will not cross" (quote A. Bell) has suddenly been rubbed out and, er, crossed.

25 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

We've been stuffed since this lot got voted in...

We were stuffed long before that

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 2112 said:

A major question I would be asking is what has the Isle of Man got out of this in terms of concessions?

MOs Hodge and Mitchell came from the UK Parliament with demand which HRH The Chief Minister flufffed and blustered his way through, in the process it made the IOM a laughing stock. 

In some respects we always knew this island would abide by .’rules’. In this case it seems HRH The Chief Minister has rolled over for a tummy tickle. 

Whatever this island does, open register, new lists, lists of bank accounts .......... campaignsers in the UK, Tax Justice etc will never be happy. It will be a case of let’s chip away further at the IOM finance industry.. Even worse is the serious loony tunes which live in this island who are prepared to side with left wingers determined to bring down the islands finance industry (what’s left of it) has 

We cant have the island taking away money from the dodgy dealings in london can we......

Not looking great sadly with this administration running things.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Why should the island get anything for doing what should have been done YEARS ago??

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

A bit of quiet pressure and "gentle expectation" taken place between Westminster and IoM...?

And "The line that we will not cross" (quote A. Bell) has suddenly been rubbed out and, er, crossed.

Were is that horrid little weasel these days?