Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

No applause from the gallery if you please

These are the words the fat controller intoned, as reported on T.H. today when the climate change legislation was passed.    Words fail.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

These are the words the fat controller intoned, as reported on T.H. today when the climate change legislation was passed.    Words fail.

His job is to apply the rules. This he did.

Imagine if the plebs were allowed to cheer or jeer at will.

I am no fan of the man but I totally agree with him here.

It is not a soap filmed with an audience 

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I have never heard of him giving this instruction before.....

Really?

Who are these weirdos that sit in the gallery anyway? I mean, I can understand if they're family or friends and about to meet up with one of the MHKs for dinner afterwards but I can't for the life of me imagine being sad enough to want to sit and watch a session of the Keys. I'd sooner sit and talk to pigeons at Lord Street.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Has he ever said or done anything worthy of applause?

• Haha 2

I imagine for this debate that it would be green looneys and millenials filling the public gallery. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Who are these weirdos that sit in the gallery anyway? I mean, I can understand if they're family or friends and about to meet up with one of the MHKs for dinner afterwards but I can't for the life of me imagine being sad enough to want to sit and watch a session of the Keys. I'd sooner sit and talk to pigeons at Lord Street.

Jeez, what have the pigeons done to deserve that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Tynwald not Keys.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Sounds like an attempt at sarcasm to me. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I imagine for this debate that it would be green looneys and millenials filling the public gallery. 

Rather than Apron wearing secret handshaking bible quoting brown enveloping TT contracting awarding Freemasons waiting for the next drop Max as is the norm...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Rather than Apron wearing secret handshaking bible quoting brown enveloping TT contracting awarding Freemasons waiting for the next drop Max as is the norm...

Haha, you managed to get a lot into that Helmut. I have a very strange picture in my mind's eye now!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Haha, you managed to get a lot into that Helmut. I have a very strange picture in my mind's eye now!

I like to be thorough - you seem in in the know Max therefore would you have any inside / Forum ready info on how the Mylchreest official car and Honda Marshall bike contracts appear seamless through the lodge .....