Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

No applause from the gallery if you please

24 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Sounds like an attempt at sarcasm to me. 

More likely a warped sense of pride. Like cutting a huge fart in an open chamber and shouting ‘No applause from the balcony please!’ for comedy effect. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:
34 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

More likely a warped sense of pride. Like cutting a huge fart in an open chamber and shouting ‘No applause from the balcony please!’ for comedy effect. 

You are far and away too smart for us.

Why didn't we think of that ? Jesus H etc.

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

They should be identified and sent to re-education centres.

In North Korea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I like to be thorough - you seem in in the know Max therefore would you have any inside / Forum ready info on how the Mylchreest official car and Honda Marshall bike contracts appear seamless through the lodge .....

With the best will in the world I can't see any connection? Honda have a long history at the TT so have provided bikes since 1973, albeit with a break where Yamaha and Suzuki stepped in, their contracts expired and Honda came back. Honda Cars are part of the same organisation and when Subaru's contract expired, they stepped in. Mylchreests don't have any contract with the TT other than David Mychreest is the long standing chief driver.  

27 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

In North Korea.

I'd actually rather they be sent to South Korea and learn the virtues of free market economics.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

With the best will in the world I can't see any connection? Honda have a long history at the TT so have provided bikes since 1973, albeit with a break where Yamaha and Suzuki stepped in, their contracts expired and Honda came back. Honda Cars are part of the same organisation and when Subaru's contract expired, they stepped in. Mylchreests don't have any contract with the TT other than David Mychreest is the long standing chief driver.  

Though it was funny in 1990(?) when Suzuki managed to strike a deal to sponsor all the bales round the course in a Honda anniversary year..? :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

I imagine for this debate that it would be green looneys and millenials filling the public gallery. 

Or the next generation, as they are also known old fella ;)

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It is surely.

No one has yet mentioned the applause (including the Public Gallery) when it was announce that the President of Tynwald was awarded an OBE (or whatever) and there was applause all round. 

But TJ makes a good point. Who the fuck goes in the public gallery, let alone applause the P of T for getting a gong for simply (and I mean simply) doing his job.

Edited by gettafa

"Public service is its own reward already." I'll have you know. No need for applause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, woolley said:

"Public service is its own reward already." I'll have you know. No need for applause.

I gagged and almost threw up when I read that in the newspaper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I gagged and almost threw up when I read that in the newspaper.

Well that and the eighty grand a year, and the massive pension, and all the taxpayer expensed CPA jollies etc. Public service is a reward in itself. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Well that and the eighty grand a year, and the massive pension, and all the taxpayer expensed CPA jollies etc. Public service is a reward in itself. 

Can you really put a price on travelling the world dressed up in a wig, robe, tights and looking like a total prat though?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This thread from 2016 hit the nail on the head

Steve Rodan - Man After a Gong

(the link of course, being Isle of Man Newspapers, doesn't work, but the tenor of the thread is clear. 2nd post sums it up:

On 10/10/2016 at 10:15 PM, Uhtred said:

I've long considered Rodan a gong farmer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gong_farmer

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

Who are these weirdos that sit in the gallery anyway? I mean, I can understand if they're family or friends and about to meet up with one of the MHKs for dinner afterwards but I can't for the life of me imagine being sad enough to want to sit and watch a session of the Keys. I'd sooner sit and talk to pigeons at Lord Street.

I think you will find that some of those who sit at select committees, Tynpotwald and HOK, are retired folk, those with no else to do all day and the professional agitator, who will in turn morphs into the Keyboard Warrior - posting either on MF or IOMNP Facebook page. 

• Haha 1