Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
LightBulb

Prom Parties / After Parties

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chris C said:

So basically they're still having the same party, albeit somewhere else but someone has had to stump up Christ knows how much on permits, licenses and other red tape. The Isle of Man "where you can -as long as we get a wedge out of it for our pensions."

Wrong again (what a fabulous surprise) the students had paid for event 1 - marquees, dj's bands etc.

This will be refunded less costs for admin etc so each student will receive £7 of £10 back - the Justbegging page was to raise a similar amount with adult input to allow them to have the event with the right permissions.

Approx costs of £4000 - originally put up by the students and then funded by donations - the only people out of pocket are those that will be attending.

I will now sit back and see if you start replying to yourself again over and over and over.....

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Gizo dresses like Juan Watterson

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

FfS!

Well lets have your evidence based appraisal then.

I am simply pointing out how it actually is, because its exactly the same as when I was serving.

I agree though that making shit up is soooo much more fun.

Coughing :ph34r:

Did they have a dancing and music license in place for their original party, don't recall seeing anything in the paper?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Katman said:

Did they have a dancing and music license in place for their original party, don't recall seeing anything in the paper?

It was a private function. Problem with applying for a license is that you have to agree to only serve over 18s to get the license - which is a bit difficult when you know that you only have a load of 16 and 17 year olds there celebrating their GCSEs! It was a great way of making sure it was never going to happen this year as even if they got a license they’d be in clear breach of it within 10 minutes of serving the first pint. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

50 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It was a private function. Problem with applying for a license is that you have to agree to only serve over 18s to get the license - which is a bit difficult when you know that you only have a load of 16 and 17 year olds there celebrating their GCSEs! It was a great way of making sure it was never going to happen this year as even if they got a license they’d be in clear breach of it within 10 minutes of serving the first pint. 

Do you not require a licence if the function is in a public place (in this case a field)

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Do you not require a licence if the function is in a public place (in this case a field)

It's not an alcohol licence Neil - it's the licensing for public entertainment, live music, etc etc 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

the only people out of pocket are those that will be attending.

Along with the people who have donated. 

That's exactly what I said you nugget. Are you suggesting all the permits,  licenses and red tape they've had to apply for is free? Is it bollocks,  it's an unnecessary cost that someone has had to stump up and goes straight into the coffers of the Manx Government. 

You may well think all this bollocks is necessary,  but even you are not thick enough to believe that it's free are you?

1 hour ago, Chris C said:

Along with the people who have donated. 

That's exactly what I said you nugget. Are you suggesting all the permits,  licenses and red tape they've had to apply for is free? Is it bollocks,  it's an unnecessary cost that someone has had to stump up and goes straight into the coffers of the Manx Government. 

You may well think all this bollocks is necessary,  but even you are not thick enough to believe that it's free are you?

Brilliant I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word donate, and refund, and don't quite grasp the purpose of money in general.

Also you don't understand Government Revenues and your post implies they are unnecessary whilst inferring every penny in government income goes into some huge pot you don't benefit from.

Keep replying to yourself as normal - at least you might get the answer you want.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Also you don't understand Government Revenues and your post implies they are unnecessary whilst inferring every penny in government income goes into some huge pot you don't benefit from.

If you think that's what my post implies and infers then good luck to you feller. You talk so much shite it's little wonder that you are defending the kind of over officious bollocks that these young people have had to deal with. 

As they say, rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of everyone else. I'm sure your unwavering obedience is appreciated by the people who are employed to make them.

44 minutes ago, Chris C said:

If you think that's what my post implies and infers then good luck to you feller. You talk so much shite it's little wonder that you are defending the kind of over officious bollocks that these young people have had to deal with. 

As they say, rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of everyone else. I'm sure your unwavering obedience is appreciated by the people who are employed to make them.

Wow - read the thread 

1: it was rightfully stopped

2: it was rightfully organised with the correct procedures in place

3: your final sentence is superb - as you sit in your Hartford/Dandara new build with your beige wife and walls (Dave Angel)

4: Feller ?????? or Fella

5: Arrrrfffffffffff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Wow - read the thread 

1: it was rightfully stopped

2: it was rightfully organised with the correct procedures in place

3: your final sentence is superb - as you sit in your Hartford/Dandara new build with your beige wife and walls (Dave Angel)

4: Feller ?????? or Fella

5: Arrrrfffffffffff

Never debate with a stupid person HF, he’ll beat you with experience 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Chris C said:

That's exactly what I said you nugget. 

Interesting when you search that word for common forum usage. 

We have some very confused forum users I think :lol:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 8:47 PM, Derek Flint said:

That’s generally how it works...

in fairness though, he was on leave

Derek, would it be a fair statement to say, kids walking home at 4am, on a road with no pavement, not street lighting, and no speed limit, was a / is the deciding factor ?

Edited by LightBulb