Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Rushen Spy

Tynwald Day 2019

Departmental direction from Minister of Health

Health care transformation by Minister for Policy & Reform

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

What must top Doctor's and Consultant's think when they introduce that as the Minister of Health.

They’re probably just glad that he doesn’t have a key to get into the blood bank and run off back to his cave with three months supplies. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, english zloty said:

D

Hmm, I did think there were more people hustled around than the usual. Sort of looking out of place until their moment.

Edited by gettafa

Well I really enjoyed Tynwald day as I never went near the place nor ever will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it a manx thing? 

When other nations have their national day they celebrate it and show how proud they are of their country. All I've seen about this year's tynwald day is moan after moan. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Is it a manx thing? 

When other nations have their national day they celebrate it and show how proud they are of their country. All I've seen about this year's tynwald day is moan after moan. 

How can anyone be proud of a load of clowns having a fancy dress parade with a car boot sale thrown in for good measure?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, finlo said:

How can anyone be proud of a load of clowns having a fancy dress parade with a car boot sale thrown in for good measure?

This is what I'm talking. Is the Isle of man and being manx not more than what you've described? 

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

This is what I'm talking. Is the Isle of man and being manx not more than what you've described? 

Well is that not what Tynwald day has descended to?

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Yes, which is why the shitshow that happens in St John's is not a celebration of the Isle of Man or the Manx as a nation.

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Is it a manx thing? 

Well you can't say we're not keeping up tradition then. 

Actually Tynwald Day has always been as much about protest and dissent as it has been about national pride.  In 1916 the Governor was pelted with mud.  The current lot should probably be grateful it was dry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The reason those mostly thick and unheard of women were chosen for Legco was that it was generally assumed they would just keep quiet, smile and collect the dosh leaving the important stuff to the knowledgeable big boys.   This is the reason that Michael Moyle or anyone else with a brain was not chosen.   Paul Beckett of course stood no chance because of his proposer who is generally disliked by all.   On the odd time one has put their heads above the parapet they have been more or less been told to go away and play, apart from Jane Poole Wilson who is approved of as she is a qualified lawyer and knows her stuff and was put on Legco before the other crew.  Anyone who defends IOM News and Politics is either deluded , has never read it or is a mate of Kate who is now Jame's best friend, he is also friends with Bernie Moffatt who gets coverage, for the minute.   Deleting posts is his hobby, any post that does not agree with his way of thinking or disagrees with his friends gets deleted as being unsuitable.   I do not think he has many members the same people keep posting.

Sid, I like most of your posts, but to suggest Moyle should ever again be in a position of power is naive, to say the least. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually Tynwald Day has always been as much about protest and dissent as it has been about national pride.  In 1916 the Governor was pelted with mud.  The current lot should probably be grateful it was dry.

Perhaps it's time for a Leccy/Sewerage/MUA riot...? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It really shows how much society has been conditioned to conform and to not do anything. We're a nation of sheep ruled by a pack of humans (I won't insult wolves as they are beautiful and majestic animals who are a vital part of a balanced eco-system).

7 hours ago, english zloty said:

Can somebody with skillz Photoshop Thomas the tank into this please

skillz.

25f3bid.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Nearest I could find to the marching pic,imagesNWD8KO7B.jpg.66ca34c34d9c50b4195e0d6808b05ba3.jpg But cant photo shop right now.