Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Rushen Spy

Tynwald Day 2019

Dilli, I was just using Moyle as an example, whether you like the guy or not he would have not been a nodding donkey and as such was not acceptable this goes for a lot of candidates that would not stand a chance they were looking for people that would rubber stamp all the ideas that were proposed.   Intelligence was not required or wanted.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Is it a manx thing? 

When other nations have their national day they celebrate it and show how proud they are of their country. All I've seen about this year's tynwald day is moan after moan. 

That’s because they’re largely useless, posturing arseholes and the whole thing is Tynwald-centric, not about our “nation”.  Where’s the pride in that?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

One #ClubTynwald member makes his own particular contribution to the annual fancy dress day out

wormtongue.png

Anybody else see a resemblance to Danny Devito's Penguin from Batman?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

One #ClubTynwald member makes his own particular contribution to the annual fancy dress day out

wormtongue.png

To be fair, I quite like his choice of outfit. Not that hat though.

Edited by Rushen Spy

I have a lot of time for David he is a decent fellow who had the courage to take on the poisoned challis, it was never going to be a quick fix it has never been right since the move to the new hospital, too many managers who knew sod all about running a hospital it was just accountancy work for them. In the old days the Board of Governors and Matron plus a few senior doctors had input.   Just the same as the Brewery once it was run by accountants it started going downhill.   Of all the MH Ks I cannot think of one who could attempt to sort the mess that Nobles has become better than David.

• Like 4

Just now, hissingsid said:

I have a lot of time for David he is a decent fellow who had the courage to take on the poisoned challis, it was never going to be a quick fix it has never been right since the move to the new hospital, too many managers who knew sod all about running a hospital it was just accountancy work for them. 

But wasn't he an accountant

46 minutes ago, MrPB said:

But wasn't he an accountant

No he's never been an accountant 

10 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

wormtongue.png

Who ate all the people?

• Like 1

https://147-5433bc3297b05.radiocms.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tynwald-day-security-deemed-over-the-top-by-political-party-member/

never heard so much OTT shite from Mec Vannin, even from Bernie M on his usual rants. Apparently, ”any protester charging the hill would probably be dropped by a plain clothes British policeman or one of the other security forces”...”you’d likely be shot”. LOL! Yep, of course the lives of our preening and strutting Fat Controllers are worth so much (perhaps in their own heads, for one or two). I was wondering if those Guardsmen were hiding their locked and loaded SA80s inside their trumpets.....

13 minutes ago, manxst said:

https://147-5433bc3297b05.radiocms.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tynwald-day-security-deemed-over-the-top-by-political-party-member/

never heard so much OTT shite from Mec Vannin, even from Bernie M on his usual rants. Apparently, ”any protester charging the hill would probably be dropped by a plain clothes British policeman or one of the other security forces”...”you’d likely be shot”. LOL! Yep, of course the lives of our preening and strutting Fat Controllers are worth so much (perhaps in their own heads, for one or two). I was wondering if those Guardsmen were hiding their locked and loaded SA80s inside their trumpets.....

I’ve always regarded Moffatt as a bit of a joke but that proclamation is the funniest Mec Vannin statement I’ve seen ever. You wouldn’t want to be living inside Bernie’s twisted head. It just shows you how totally irrelevant he and Mec Vannin are. Someone should take his keyboard off him. 

15 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Is it a manx thing? 

When other nations have their national day they celebrate it and show how proud they are of their country. All I've seen about this year's tynwald day is moan after moan. 

No its an MF thing Thommo. The 20 or so regular posters here are anti anything to do with the Government and rarely say a positive word about anything. It is definitely not representative of the general public view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blissfully ignorant is the word you're looking for.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

No its an MF thing Thommo. The 20 or so regular posters here are anti anything to do with the Government and rarely say a positive word about anything. It is definitely not representative of the general public view.

In fairness it's not just mf I've seen it on other forms of social media

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's everywhere. Least though, of course, in the ivory towers of the government employ.

@piebaps wears particularly thick lensed establishmnet issue rose tinted spectacles.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 2

Tynwald Fayre is loads better than it used to be, mostly because of the efforts of the one world centre down in the arboretum. And good on the viking gang for their village too. Basically the advice is stay in bed all morning and then head out once the nonsence is finished. 

Another improvement was the addition of an extra number 8 bus returning South at about 5. If only they'd put a later one on...