Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Rushen Spy

Tynwald Day 2019

5 hours ago, MrPB said:

I’ve always regarded Moffatt as a bit of a joke but that proclamation is the funniest Mec Vannin statement I’ve seen ever. You wouldn’t want to be living inside Bernie’s twisted head. It just shows you how totally irrelevant he and Mec Vannin are. Someone should take his keyboard off him. 

Moffatt is the Jeremy Corbyn of Manx Politics. He makes the opposition so unpalatable and extremely left wing. That in turn discredits any real opposition to the shower of shite that are in office .

I can hear Bernie firing up his Soviet issue typewriter to shoot off another 'opinion piece' for his followers. 

Edited by On The Bus
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, On The Bus said:

Moffatt is the Jeremy Corbyn of Manx Politics. He makes the opposition so unpalatable and extremely left wing. That in turn discredits any real opposition to the shower of shite that are in office .

I can hear Bernie firing up his Soviet issue typewriter to shoot off another 'opinion piece' for his followers. 

ie. He is a Blogger these days

10 hours ago, piebaps said:

No its an MF thing Thommo. The 20 or so regular posters here are anti anything to do with the Government and rarely say a positive word about anything. It is definitely not representative of the general public view.

You live a sheltered life don’t you

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I was about to post something similar.  The Manx have always been pretty cynical about their rulers of course, but I've noticed an increase in criticism over the last few years and a new, almost despairing tone.  And it's coming from more people as well, including those who previously had little interest in local politics and even what you might call Establishment types and those in the public sector.

Of course there's too much on Manx Forums along the lines of "They're all the same" and general. unspecific condemnation copied from the UK newspapers.  All of which just lets those in charge off the hook.  But there is a more recent anger about the way things are going and it is very widespread. 

I’ve recently heard excoriating criticism of Quayle, Thomas and Skelly from very senior and influential business figures. There’s a massive lack of confidence in the ability of the senior political cadre on this Island among major commercial decision makers. Fact.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I was about to post something similar.  The Manx have always been pretty cynical about their rulers of course, but I've noticed an increase in criticism over the last few years and a new, almost despairing tone.  And it's coming from more people as well, including those who previously had little interest in local politics and even what you might call Establishment types and those in the public sector.

Of course there's too much on Manx Forums along the lines of "They're all the same" and general. unspecific condemnation copied from the UK newspapers.  All of which just lets those in charge off the hook.  But there is a more recent anger about the way things are going and it is very widespread. 

I disagree Roger.

Despite their best efforts to keep it quiet frequently their failings are very much in the public domain. I would list them but for the shortage of bandwidth it would cause....

Therefore the real problems are in great part down to the CM.

Because there are no checks and balances it should surely fall to whoever is ultimately responsible to sort the wheat from the chaff....?

Simple example Mr Bell "knowingly misled Tynwald" and then went on to become CM.

So there, in a nutshell, is why there is so much contempt for Manx politicians and why folks despair that it might improve.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

Simple example Mr Bell "knowingly misled Tynwald" and then went on to become CM.

So there, in a nutshell, is why there is so much contempt for Manx politicians and why folks despair that it might improve.....

There are people who say Mr Bell knew nothing, nuthin', nought, about the MEA loans when he was Treasury Minister

10 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I’ve recently heard excoriating criticism of Quayle, Thomas and Skelly from very senior and influential business figures. There’s a massive lack of confidence in the ability of the senior political cadre on this Island among major commercial decision makers. Fact.

Of course they're criticising them. The whole point of neoliberals and very much an integral part of this forum's purpose is to promote anti-government rhetoric, because government is the only vehicle for democratic power on the island and it gets in the way of "business figures" having total power without any democratic accountability, regulation, or oversight. They can f right off.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, gettafa said:

There are people who say Mr Bell knew nothing, nuthin', nought, about the MEA loans when he was Treasury Minister

Just another example of a complete lack of due diligence by Tynwald.

They really are useless.

32 minutes ago, gettafa said:

somebody not locked up may know otherwise

38 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Mainly Mr Bell doing the sayin' too.....

• Haha 1

Wasn't Fast Eddie Treasury MInister when the MEA loans thing came to light?

• Haha 1

Yep.

And Allan safely out of the way.

Eddie basked in false glory for sorting the mess out. Except it wasn't anything like sorted out. But Eddie thinks it was. And he did it.

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Wasn't Fast Eddie Treasury MInister when the MEA loans thing came to light?

Nooo...I don't think so. It all kicked off @ 2005/6 didn't it? Brown or (Gelling maybe?) would have been CM at that time. 

Bell was Treasury Minister up until the Brown reshuffle when he then went to DED. Then he took CM after the 2011 Election.

Bell also oversaw the sorting out of the KSF thingy in 2008/9 as TM?

• Like 1