Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  

IOM Film Festival 2019

Posted (edited)

I saw this today on the 3fm website -

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/2019-film-festival-cancelled/

A bit of a blow, considering all the money wasted within the economy, and the taxpayers funded flops. It’s rather ironic that Politicos were spouting total bullshit and spinning the industry for all its worth, claiming it created x amounts bed space etc etc etc. 

Negative publicity now for the IOM, never mind planning for next year. I wonder if bureaucracy played a part?

The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece take - https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/iom-film-festival-put-on-hold/

Edited by 2112

Films are no longer important. They are no longer a VAT fiddling exercise. It got stopped.

We've moved on :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Films are no longer important. They are no longer a VAT fiddling exercise. It got stopped.

We've moved on :lol:

We do movies now instead.

Edited by Albert Tatlock

2 minutes ago, display name said:

You've remade One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest?

No. The shining...and I know where you live.

HERE'S ALBERT!!! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The film festival is organised by an enthusiastic bunch of people, not a government run thing at all. It would be nice if it could grow into something substantial but I guess that would take a lot of cash from somewhere. 

• Like 3

Trouble is they couldn't advertise where it was to take place  ....."its commercially confidential"

The film festival was quite different from the failed venture into motion pictures

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The film world is a small one and doesn't forget.

Edited by gettafa

3 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

The film festival was quite different from the failed venture into motion pictures

Failed ??

13 hours ago, Max Power said:

The film festival is organised by an enthusiastic bunch of people, not a government run thing at all. It would be nice if it could grow into something substantial but I guess that would take a lot of cash from somewhere. 

It’s really quite ironic that well meaning people get involved and try to develop the island culturally, along with the other such bodies like the VMCC who put in such hard work for little reward, organising against the odds Jurby Day, whilst fighting Government bureaucrats.

As opposed to another TT film being shot around TT time, around the course and around the S100 course. This was an all singing all dancing Bollywood production number. I hope it doesn’t descend into a song and dance, as It ignores the triumphs and the tragedy the races give.  I’ll be very surprised if we (taxpayers) haven’t funded this production.  It’s hard to say if this new film will be successful or not.

• Like 1

Bollywood remakes of anything, whether it's Saw 5 or Alien, should have 1000 dancers or I will be disappointed.

• Haha 1