Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  

IOM Film Festival 2019

32 minutes ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

Bollywood remakes of anything, whether it's Saw 5 or Alien, should have 1000 dancers or I will be disappointed.

I can just see Rob Callister and David Cretney wobbling back and forth at the front of 100 writhing TT themed Bollywood dancers! :D

10 hours ago, 2112 said:

It’s really quite ironic that well meaning people get involved and try to develop the island culturally, along with the other such bodies like the VMCC who put in such hard work for little reward, organising against the odds Jurby Day, whilst fighting Government bureaucrats.

Our only salvation will be “Civil Servant Fest” an event civil servants could manage to attract other civil servants to the IOM. They’d have a field day. They could start planning for Civil Servant Fest 2050 now and still shag it all up after spending £10M over the next 30 years pulling it together. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Failed ??

It failed. It lost money. Lots. Or do you know different? 

Aye but look at all the VAT wonga and that, and all that money that was cleaned up. Some of the invoices and costs filed for some of the films were outrageous, but hey, does a Steadicam cost £7,000 a day to hire or that much to buy or whatever (2010). Does the film even have this equipment? Who knows? Who cares, certainly the fresh-faced bods in the various Isle of Man authorities didn't know and they'll do what they are told anyway.

The Isle of Man was a veritable laundry/gold mine for some years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, quilp said:
22 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Failed ??

It failed. It lost money. Lots. Or do you know different? 

I certainly don't know different, but I believe different.

I am pretty sure we , the IOM made a lot of dosh from the VAT surrounding this venture and a lot of local firms made big bucks too. ( that bit I do know)

A lot of local firms made big bucks from the building of the Power Station too (that bit I do know).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gettafa said:

A lot of local firms made big bucks from the building of the Power Station too (that bit I do know).

Aye. And we're all still paying for that too, aren't we....

Posted (edited)

Oh yes. And our children and grandchildren.

While the greedy fatcats will have migrated with their children and grandchildren to sunnier climes, with maybe a foot on the Island for health care, perhaps tax and whatever keeps their fatcattery fat.

Edited by gettafa

30 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Oh yes. And our children and grandchildren.

While the greedy fatcats will have migrated with their children and grandchildren to sunnier climes, with maybe a foot on the Island for health care, perhaps tax and whatever keeps their fatcattery fat.

I think in fairness though, that one twat was responsible for all this and still makes a "Proffit" from the farce

Just now, dilligaf said:

I think in fairness though, that one twat was responsible for all this and still makes a "Proffit" from the farce

And another still strolls down Parliament St. in an undersize T-shirt to collect his daily paper.

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:
4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

And another still strolls down Parliament St. in an undersize T-shirt to collect his daily paper.

I was always a big supporter of AB and don't actually believe he was party to any wrong doing on the power station.

MP hoodwinked lots of people and should be strung up for what he did. ( Bastard ) 

10 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I was always a big supporter of AB and don't actually believe he was party to any wrong doing on the power station.

MP hoodwinked lots of people and should be strung up for what he did. ( Bastard ) 

So why wasn't he then, Dilli?

Why did an investigative report exonerate all and say that no-one was to blame for a £400M debt?

Political expediency. Incompetence. Lack of oversight. And out and out corruption. None of which are PC to talk about, apparently. Which is why they get away with it.

But as Eddie Lowey so glibly dismissed it, shortly before retiring on a healthy pension, "We are where we are".

No disrespect Dili, but you are a bit of a one when it comes to providing references.

Allan Bell was Treasury Minister at the time and  £400 million apparently passed him by. 

The advocates (Manx Mafia) in all this knew exactly what was going on and as ever had everyone that was necessary in an entirely manipulable position.

Who loses? Well there are no losers are there? Except our children, and their children and their children's children. 

And all so that the insatiable greed of the few could be further satisfied. As usual. The Isle of Man.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Profitt was just the smiling front man. Like the welcoming hotelier he was trained to be.

All those involved...all...knew exactly what was going on. All those meetings between the advocates, Barclays, advocates, MEA, advocates, Government etc.

If they didn't know what was going on then they were totally incompetent. But they have all come out super white and super richer,

• Thanks 1