Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
TheDruid-3X3

Lughnasad Celebrations

Awens to All:

Lughnasad is supposed to be the Celebration of the First Harvest.

So the First Harvest of Green Peas is in:

attachment.php?attachmentid=34868&d=1562

So I guess it is time to start Celebrating Lughnasad!

grinning-smiley-030.gif

• Thanks 1

I think it may be time to tell you that this is "Manx Forums" on the Isle of Man.

Most people living on the island or posting on here , could not give two f***s what Canadians do in their spare time, or what stupid customs they have.

There is a huge Canadian Manx association / society, who keep in touch through the internet, on all things relevant.

I am sure the pea harvest is fantastic, but may not excite too many on here.

Sorry if that comes across as an insult, as it not meant to be, just my opinion. 

What an angry person you are. And grandiose too. Why does someone who posts something that doesn’t interest you anger you so much and require you to impose censorship on that poster. This may be Manx forums but we also have an international section and you post there frequently. A case of double standards perhaps? 

Being a Celt, I like to hear about Celtic events from places other than the Island. I never knew about Lughnasad but now I do now and I’m pleased that I do. So thanks to the OP for sharing a bit of his Celtic life with us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ecobob said:

What an angry person you are. And grandiose too. Why does someone who posts something that doesn’t interest you anger you so much and require you to impose censorship on that poster. This may be Manx forums but we also have an international section and you post there frequently. A case of double standards perhaps? 

Being a Celt, I like to hear about Celtic events from places other than the Island. I never knew about Lughnasad but now I do now and I’m pleased that I do. So thanks to the OP for sharing a bit of his Celtic life with us. 

More “tongue in cheek” than anything. Not angry or suggesting he should not post, at all :flowers:

Yes, I can see that two posters giving a difference point to view to your’s might lead you to make the ‘tongue in cheek’ explanation. There was nothing tongue in cheek about it and you know it. If you’re going to be be abusive and derisive, (and that was your goal without doubt) then at least be man enough to stand by your opinion in the cold light day day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Odd expression that... "cold light of day". I imagine that if you live on the equator in Kenya the light of day is invariably fucking hot.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Odd expression that... "cold light of day". I imagine that if you live on the equator in Kenya the light of day is invariably fucking hot.

Not at sunrise it isn’t. Have you any idea what altitude Nairobi is?

6am temperature all this week will range between 13-16°C

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Not at sunrise it isn’t. Have you any idea what altitude Nairobi is?

6am temperature all this week will range between 13-16°C

That's hot compared to Barrow, Alaska!

It’s Lughnasa or Lughnasadh, Druid, and it’s First August, historically, or the nearest Sunday, contemporaneously