Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Rushen Spy

Skateboarders invading Strand Street

I raise the fecking kids on those heely things in Tesco,  on a Saturday with their parents but no apparent means of control.  When my children were younger they had the heely things, but would I take them shopping? No way.  It is like take your kids shopping with invisible skateboards.

I have reached the age when I think a deftly placed foot, and then senile dementia is the only answer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If government is bending over backwards to accommodate more lycra-wearing cunts on the roads, why not skateboards too? 

They're just as much a form if transport as a bicycle - and a lot cooler/less gimpish too! Case in point Neil D rides a push bike, not a skateboard. 

10 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Looks like the wheels On The Bus have come off :lol:

You have to give him some leeway Bobbie, he's not old enough to be using an adult forum and just wants to hang out with the grown ups. Maybe his teacher can point out the error of his ways.

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

"Invasion"...has any of them demanded we take them to our leaders yet?

Surely the last thing you would want is to taken to see our leader..

51 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You have to give him some leeway Bobbie, he's not old enough to be using an adult forum and just wants to hang out with the grown ups. Maybe his teacher can point out the error of his ways.

How did you become so obsessed with riding a child's toy on the roads? Was it when people told you to go and play in the traffic? 

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

Surely the last thing you would want is to taken to see our leader..

Although it would be comedy gold seeing him on a skateboard

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

I raise the fecking kids on those heely things in Tesco,  on a Saturday with their parents but no apparent means of control.  When my children were younger they had the heely things, but would I take them shopping? No way.  It is like take your kids shopping with invisible skateboards.

I have reached the age when I think a deftly placed foot, and then senile dementia is the only answer. 

Frankly I would love a set of the adult heely things when travelling through airports.  Imagine how much fun/quicker it would be to get to your gate on those beautifully smooth floors.... 

17 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Frankly I would love a set of the adult heely things when travelling through airports.  Imagine how much fun/quicker it would be to get to your gate on those beautifully smooth floors.... 

With a 23kg suitcase? I'd like to see that :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, On The Bus said:

snark

Wouldn't it be so much nicer if we all just got along?

Friendly-Bus-Logo.png

29 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

With a 23kg suitcase? I'd like to see that :lol:

Also with wheels on?  Like a trailer or a train? Yeah, sounds completely impossible. 

Can't say I've ever had to drag a 23kg case to a gate either.  Pretty understanding airline you fly with if that's your carry-on allowance 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Looks like the wheels On The Bus have come off :lol:

I think you'll find that, like most trolling, the wheels On The Bus just go round and round.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think you'll find that, like most trolling, the wheels On The Bus just go round and round.

It was a comment on quality rather than basic intent :)

On 7/4/2019 at 12:31 AM, Gladys said:

Yeah, I couldn't get grip of those heely things either Gladys. Ended up on my back under the trolley a few times? It gets more embarrassing as one gets older as people put it down to senility. Just a balance thing really?