Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Last Ten

Fynoderee Manx Gin

Fynoderee Manx Gin, I bought some for a family treat recently (£36 a bottle), it is nice but soo fucking dear, so much so that I will not be buying it again and will go for a reasonably priced Gordons Gin.  This brand is so expensive, I would love to support local Manx industry but this Manx brand is beyond my budget.

Manx to the Max expense.

7 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

Fynoderee Manx Gin, I bought some for a family treat recently (£36 a bottle), it is nice but soo fucking dear, so much so that I will not be buying it again and will go for a reasonably priced Gordons Gin.  This brand is so expensive, I would love to support local Manx industry but this Manx brand is beyond my budget.

Manx to the Max expense.

Small batches always cost more. But I agree that it is a bit overpriced by around 6-7 quid..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

Manx to the Max expense.

Tight git...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Small batches always cost more. But I agree that it is a bit overpriced by around 6-7 quid..

Tesco 1 Lite Gordons Gin - £18

Fynoderee 70cl Gin £36 (Shoprite)

I would say its twice the price at least so won't be buying this Manx brand again!

Gordons 1 Litre Tesco.png

Fynoderee 70cl .png

I read somewhere that gin is good for weight loss. Not sure if it's true or not though; you know how they're always changing their minds about these things.

When they say this is Manx gin, is it literally all grown and produced here, or is it just bottled here?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

You cannot compare an industrial  gin with one made in small batches..

It will cost them well above the price of that Gordon's gin to produce and market.. 

Which is why I said that around £28 or £29 would have  been a better price .

https://sampriestley.com/starting-a-gin-brand-ep-1/

I hear your reasoning Mad Manx but in reality it is still a very dear product, I bought it as a treat and in fairness it's not outstanding in taste and therefore its the cheaper Gordons for us in the future, I have paid for a Manx brand and a bit of spiel about a Manx fairy Lol.

5 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

I have paid for a Manx brand and a bit of spiel about a Manx fairy Lol.

The fynoderee is closer to a North American Sasquatch or Big Foot than a fairy.

Having bought one of the 4 tiny bottle selection gift box things for 40 quid to send as a present to a friend in England  my only real gripe is that they dont print the price on the box.

• Haha 1

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

Having bought one of the 4 tiny bottle selection gift box things for 40 quid to send as a present to a friend in England  my only real gripe is that they dont print the price on the box.

Don’t you own a marker pen...

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

Just tell them, or aren't you manx?

7 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

If they're anything like me, they'll have looked up the price of the gift anyway (after throwing any card devoid of cash into the bin).