Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Last Ten

Fynoderee Manx Gin

I personally think Gin is a cross between piss and petrol.

My boss ( from over the water ) however is a gin expert and tried Fynoderee Manx Gin last night and gave it a big thumbs up. That has to be a plus for our local producer.

• Like 1

Anyone have a preference for one of the 4 seasonal variants?   I tried "winter" but thought it quite earthy and not really to my taste.   But I've got simple tastes and am happy enough with Gordons & schweppes tonic.

I actually think it is reasonably priced. Look at the price variants in malt whiskey.

You pays your money you takes your chance

13 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

The fynoderee is closer to a North American Sasquatch or Big Foot than a fairy.

In the Manx bible they use the word as a translation for Satyr. So I'd say they're more goat-like than Big Foot. 

11 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I personally think Gin is a cross between piss and petrol.

My boss ( from over the water ) however is a gin expert and tried Fynoderee Manx Gin last night and gave it a big thumbs up. That has to be a plus for our local producer.

Where as I drink Gin and thought it was just plain ordinary and therefore over priced for what it was.

But I suppose it has a Manx connection so the sheeple here will buy it ‘coz it tastes better ‘ but in reality, it doesn’t.

3 hours ago, Karellen said:

Anyone have a preference for one of the 4 seasonal variants?   I tried "winter" but thought it quite earthy and not really to my taste.   But I've got simple tastes and am happy enough with Gordons & schweppes tonic.

Sumer's nice.  After moving to Bombay Sapphire I found the Gordons sharp and chemically.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Declan said:

In the Manx bible they use the word as a translation for Satyr. So I'd say they're more goat-like than Big Foot. 

I was really alluding to the hairy nature rather than being literal. I do wonder why so many people have a hard time believing in magical beings like this when they have no problem believing utter tripe like transubstantiation and virgin births.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Neil Down said:

I actually think it is reasonably priced. Look at the price variants in malt whiskey.

You pays your money you takes your chance

Good malts have taken years and years to produce, you can knock up a batch of gin in a few days. (that's not disparaging the skill of the producer, I really like the summer one, and had it been cheaper I'd have bought more than one)

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Good malts have taken years and years to produce, you can knock up a batch of gin in a few days. (that's not disparaging the skill of the producer, I really like the summer one, and had it been cheaper I'd have bought more than one)

I sort of agree but this is a Manx branded Fyn Gin which we all cannot get away from the fact it is very, very expensive.

I have compared it to Gordons Vs Fynoderee and I believe Gordons shine through for less than half the price!

Wish I could have reported the Manx Gin being better value and quality but I cannot.

Good luck to you loyal Fynoderee supporters :-) I liked it but not at that price.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It’s what you can afford. Treat yourself once in a while. There are no pockets in shrouds...:flowers:

We seem to have a few spirit distilleries now, this one plus Seven Kingdom, Cronk y Voddy Vodka and Manx Spirit. 

I bought a bottle of Liverpool gin as a present, £34 in Shoprite, £40 in Liverpool Airport Duty Free???

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

We seem to have a few spirit distilleries now, this one plus Seven Kingdom, Cronk y Voddy Vodka and Manx Spirit. 

I bought a bottle of Liverpool gin as a present, £34 in Shoprite, £40 in Liverpool Airport Duty Free???

No such thing as duty free!:whistling:

On 7/5/2019 at 8:53 PM, Max Power said:

Max power . Spirits are usually cheaper in supermarkets. I did a whisky tour a few years ago and ended up buying  a few nice bottles from the distilleries. 

After coming back I found out that most of them were cheaper at Tesco :-(

• Like 1

23 hours ago, finlo said:

No such thing as duty free!:whistling:

Just discounted.