Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
piebaps

Privatise the Airport

24 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

I assume you have an on-board computer to make all of those calculations / decisions ?

It’s all slide rules, paper maps and bits of knotted string. Nobody actually knows what all those dials and knobs do.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

It’s all slide rules, paper maps and bits of knotted string. Nobody actually knows what all those dials and knobs do.

-

Edited by LightBulb
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

I assume you have an on-board computer to make all of those calculations / decisions ?

Yes. We use an iPad which has certified applications on it - the iPad also contains the backup documents if the application fails - and we have spare iPads just in case!

3 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

Yes. We use an iPad which has certified applications on it - the iPad also contains the backup documents if the application fails - and we have spare iPads just in case!

-

Edited by LightBulb

2 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

A bit off topic, but pilots used to have 2 stop watches, on the yolk / steering wheel, what where they for, and do they still use them ?

3 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

A bit off topic, but pilots used to have 2 stop watches, on the yolk / steering wheel, what where they for, and do they still use them ?

Navigation and for technical time limitations.

3 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

Navigation and for technical time limitations.

-

Edited by LightBulb

Jesus , are you bored or do want to get a room? google really is your best friend for a 100 questions or take flying lessons to learn all this info which has nowt to do with privatising at the airport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whatcha said:

Jesus , are you bored or do want to get a room? google really is your best friend for a 100 questions or take flying lessons to learn all this info which has nowt to do with privatising at the airport.

-

Edited by LightBulb

Lol it was you who said your question was off topic and your replies are not on topic, either way, doesn't change you can ask your questions in another way elsewhere!

5 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

You cannot be serious, man!

But silly me, I'm sure that you forgot to mention the construction of a covered walk-way from the front door to the under-cover pick-up area in the car park.

What is the justification behind this scheme?

Besides making pencil-heads look busy that is....

2 hours ago, Whatcha said:

Lol it was you who said your question was off topic and your replies are not on topic, either way, doesn't change you can ask your questions in another way elsewhere!

-

Edited by LightBulb

1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

I see you have 13 posts, are they all just as sarcastic replies, or are any of them relevant, to the topic in question ?

Are yours?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, P.K. said:
13 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

But silly me, I'm sure that you forgot to mention the construction of a covered walk-way from the front door to the under-cover pick-up area in the car park.

What is the justification behind this scheme?

Besides making pencil-heads look busy that is....

You should know by now that anything at the airport that needs overpriced and completely unnecessary building work never requires any justification.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1