Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
piebaps

Privatise the Airport

14 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The figures you get from searching for ATCO salaries seem to vary quite a lot, but the York report seems to suggest that the ones on the Island are a bit higher than standard (maybe 15% I saw elsewhere) but that might be needed to attract qualified people to a more out of the way location.  What they did highlight however was the way the basic salaries (not just ATCO) were bumped up massively by additional payments.  

If the airport was being properly managed ALL the costs of doing business should be known.

But by their own admission they are are not....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, MrPB said:
23 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Whenever the word " Buster" is mentioned, the topic needs to end.

That man has very serious issues and the DHSC has failed in it's duty, if he is free to post shite 24/7

But it is a matter of fact. Roger Mexico has now posted the FOI reply to Buster above. Whether Lewin is mad if not it’s an official reply from the relevant department so nobody can really argue that the numbers aren’t true.  

A real fact ?

A bit like the "fact" that the cones on the prom are not hired.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I assume government does not lie in FOI responses so yes a fact refers to something that government has put in writing in response to a FOI request. Whether the requester is crackers or not those numbers appear to have been published in an official written response to a question to the relevant department. 

I will post you a nice towel to dry behind your ears.

3 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I don't engage with trolls other than to correct lies or wrong facts. Thank you. The numbers people have been discussing above were quoted by government in a formal FOI reply so you can pretty much accept that they are correct in all probability. 

You call ME the troll ???????

12 minutes ago, MrPB said:
15 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You call ME the troll ???????

A troll, a bully, and a serially abusive forum member. Yes. 

Maybe you should have stuck with MSM ?

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I don't engage with trolls other than to correct lies or wrong facts. Thank you. The numbers people have been discussing above were quoted by government in a formal FOI reply so you can pretty much accept that they are correct in all probability. 

This is funny - "you can pretty much accept that they are correct in all probability"  - they're either correct or they're not. Probability has nothing to do with it.

If you go back to where I did the math if you understand it you will realise that the information given under the FOI isn't much use. Basically the wrong question was asked. In order to get a grip of the finances just the salary is not much use. What is needed is the cost of "a fully loaded headcount" broken down into JD, numbers, shift allowance, overtime, pension, NI, bennies, desk space/cube/rest room, telephones, pc's, printers, servers, networks, lavatories required, heating, lighting, parking etc etc and all the rest as the devil is ALWAYS in the detail.

If you don't drill down through ALL the data then you end up in the mess the airport is in.

Personally I can't see how the consultancy could produce any kind of output without knowing the true cost of doing business....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MrPB said:

A troll, a bully, and a serially abusive forum member. Yes. 

Why do you always trot out this old rhetoric whenever you get your arse handed to you on a plate?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Saw an interesting one today.

Carlisle Airport- free parking. Full stop!

Remember when you could park at Ronaldsway and fly out or at the Bottleneck and jump on the boat, all free and gratis for as long as you liked? Not too long ago. Then we started "improving" things like they do them in the UK.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

Remember when you could park at Ronaldsway and fly out or at the Bottleneck and jump on the boat, all free and gratis for as long as you liked? Not too long ago. Then we started "improving" things like they do them in the UK.

Those Public Sector pensions won't just pay themselves you know....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Well I guess it would have to be a full stop, because if the vehicle was still rolling it wouldn’t be parking.

Edited by Uhtred

29 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Well I guess it would have to be a full stop, because if the vehicle was still rolling it wouldn’t be parking.

Badum tish!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Saw an interesting one today.

It's the cost of the amphibious vehicle to get there that's putting me off a bit.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, woolley said:

The bit I really miss was the ability to get on an earlier flight if seats were available just before departure. Now that conversation usually ends with the word off  after being told the cost !

• Like 2

Yes Manx Airlines were great at that if there was a flight going earlier than yours and there was room they would swap your ticket with a smile, makes sense there was more chance of selling the ticket for the later flight.   Customers on airlines used to be treated really well now they are like cattle wagons, they seem to they they are doing us a favour letting us fly on their crappy planes with little leg room, crap food and the air hostess's are not what they used to be either.   And security well...they are ok over here but across you are treated like a criminal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2