Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
piebaps

Privatise the Airport

As Stobart and flybe are now each owned by Connect, and are both to get the Virgin rebrand, are we likely to see any difference?

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

As Stobart and flybe are now each owned by Connect, and are both to get the Virgin rebrand, are we likely to see any difference?

price increases ??

Stobart had their noses put out of joint when Flybe kicked them off the route last year. In order to get their shitty ATRs back here, they cozied up to Virgin and got themselves a portion of Connect Airways. From that point the writing was on the wall.

From what I’ve been told, Stobart do not have the crews to fly these two extra ATRs which are coming from Flybe’s Scandinavian SAS wet lease operation. They are reliant on the local Flybe Dash 8 Pilots coming to work for them and expect them to take massive pay cuts for the privilege of doing so. Again, I’ve been told by one of those Flybe pilots that this just isn’t going to happen.

Edited by Manx Mole
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Manx Mole said:

Stobart had their noses put out of joint when Flybe kicked them off the route last year. In order to get their shitty ATRs back here, they cozied up to Virgin and got themselves a portion of Connect Airways. From that point the writing was on the wall.

The Connect Airways consortium is worth well more than the Isle of Man routes. And at the end of the day the a wet lease contract is a wet lease contract. 

Even Loganair are operating a few (non-IOM) flights for Flybe, such is their crew shortage. 

I predict a, "Stobart have come up trumps" statement from The Directress...

• Haha 1

Oh good...the ATRs are coming back...said no-one ever.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, finlo said:

Bring back the Shorts 360's!

The Flying Figbox :lol:

• Like 1

You didn't climb in a laden 360, you rather waited for the earth to fall away due curvature !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, asitis said:

You didn't climb in a laden 360, you rather waited for the earth to fall away due curvature !

But it's flat isn't it?

1 minute ago, finlo said:

But it's flat isn't it?

Most of our politicians think so !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dreamon said:

OMG !!! Not those awful ATR's again.

They are truly the most uncomfortable aircraft I have ever been on in bad weather, even the mildest of turbulence in an ATR is torture. I hate them with a passion.