Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Rushen Spy

Douglas Prom bus stops / construction: a case study in compartmentalised stupidity

The sign at Villiers lets you know that the buses that usually stop there, now stop opposite by the cafe, then go round the round about and back along the promenade. Quite easy really, just need to cross the road.

26 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

TJ lives in Onchan. Is that your aunt or uncle ?

edit to add,

(or both ?)

I'm RS, not TJ. Get your facts right, you numbskull.

I do not have any aunties or uncles in Onchan. You must be confusing Onchan with Bel Air and me with the Fresh Prince.

Just now, Rushen Spy said:

I'm RS, not TJ. Get your facts right, you numbskull.

I do not have any aunties or uncles in Onchan. You must be confusing Onchan with Bel Air and me with the Fresh Prince.

Nah... the safe money is on you being TJ. :flowers:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

The sign at Villiers lets you know that the buses that usually stop there, now stop opposite by the cafe, then go round the round about and back along the promenade. Quite easy really, just need to cross the road.

I didn't see any such sign and even if there was one, there should be another sign saying the same thing over by the Methodist Church.

Just now, Neil Down said:

Nah... the safe money is on you being TJ. :flowers:

How could I possibly be a banned user when I'm on here typing?

7 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I didn't see any such sign and even if there was one, there should be another sign saying the same thing over by the Methodist Church.

Why? You walk one way and get on at Jaks/you walk the other way and get on opposite the Villiers. Simple.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

How could I possibly be a banned user when I'm on here typing?

Did you really have to post that after what JW has posted so often ?.

Edit to add,

You have more faces than Kotodama's sock puppets

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

I honestly thought that anybody with the username of "Rushen Spy" had to be Phil Gawne?

55 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

There is on the shelter. 

4 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Did you really have to post that after what JW has posted so often ?.

He was posting wild speculation, not to mention a load of garbage.

3 hours ago, Chris Jericho said:

There is on the shelter. 

LOL. You're probably right. The shelter being located on the construction side of the barrier.

4 hours ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Why? You walk one way and get on at Jaks/you walk the other way and get on opposite the Villiers. Simple. 

There is no public sign at the Methodist Church advising that the Jak's bus shelter is operational (just as there is no sign advising that the Villiers sign is not operational).

8 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

And I'm saying, a bit of common sense, like putting up a notice sign, wouldn't go amiss. These are frequently used bus stops, largely used by elderly people. Saying "just walk 30 seconds" is a bit of a joke to some dude with a walking stick who fought for your freedom at Normandy.

But I didn't tell some dude who fought for freedom at Normandy to walk 30 seconds up the road.  I advised you to do that.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, Rushen Spy said:

Why would I walk left, when I thought the bus stop to the right would be available? I have no reason to believe the bus stop on the left was available either, because ---- and this is the POINT of my "whinge" here ----- there was no PUBLIC NOTICE providing guidance. Also, it's a bit rich telling me to "just walk 30 seconds" when I could be in crutches or using dependent on a walking stick for all you know.

00f9555b2c23d764ca44d0a221bd0b75.jpg

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2019 at 11:36 PM, Rushen Spy said:

And I'm saying, a bit of common sense, like putting up a notice sign, wouldn't go amiss. These are frequently used bus stops, largely used by elderly people. Saying "just walk 30 seconds" is a bit of a joke to some dude with a walking stick who fought for your freedom at Normandy.

What you're actually looking for is called a taxi.