Douglas Prom bus stops / construction: a case study in compartmentalised stupidity

1 minute ago, CharlieBrown said:
3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Autism is a bastard, eh ?

Are you trying to say that Will Kelly was autistic, so it was OK?

You are autistic and are doing a disservice to genuine sufferers.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bus wanker. 

I loved the interview with Jeff Robinson, Director of Highways, on Manx Radio Mandate this morning. ....we've confidence going forward.....we've put that behind us now and we're moving forward on

Wrong. From the angle at the Methodist Church, you cannot see how far the construction barriers go, either to the left or the right, enough to determine whether the respective bus stops are inside or

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That just has to be the largest stretch of the imagination EVER !!!!!!

It was a joke. Anybody accusing me of being another [active] poster is talking out of their backside. I literally only have this one login and am even going to go further and invite any of you into my house to go through my web browser to have a look at my automatically saved password logins and web history.

9 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

It was a joke. Anybody accusing me of being another [active] poster is talking out of their backside. I literally only have this one login and am even going to go further and invite any of you into my house to go through my web browser to have a look at my automatically saved password logins and web history.

you seem keen to get people into your house. Bit creepy to say the least...

9 hours ago, Neil Down said:

you seem keen to get people into your house. Bit creepy to say the least...

I'm not keen on people entering my house at all. You can all f off as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Are the Business Prevention Officers along the Prom working on commission, or is the whole £30m scheme being paid for by money raised from parking fines? 

You do know how parking fines work?

19 hours ago, Neil Down said:

You do know how parking fines work?

I think he/she has a point. They really do appear to be there to A) deter commercial activity and B) put money into the coffers of the government's salaries and pensions fund. It's literally like something out of a Robin Hood movie / book / TV series.

58 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I think he/she has a point. They really do appear to be there to A) deter commercial activity and B) put money into the coffers of the government's salaries and pensions fund. It's literally like something out of a Robin Hood movie / book / TV series.

Parking controls are in place to permit people to fairly access a restricted supply ie free parking spaces. If there was no limit on parking, people working in town would use the spaces all day thereby making the spaces unavailable to shoppers. By limiting the time you can use the space, it means that free spaces are continually becoming available for use. Fines are necessary to ensure that people don't abuse the system and block others from accessing the limited resource.

With a two hour limit on free parking you are actually making more spaces available for people to use than if there was no time limit. With paid for parking, you get what you pay for - longer periods of parking. Don't forget that the carparks, like other rate/tax payer services have to be maintained. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, kevster said:

Parking controls are in place to permit people to fairly access a restricted supply ie free parking spaces. If there was no limit on parking, people working in town would use the spaces all day thereby making the spaces unavailable to shoppers. By limiting the time you can use the space, it means that free spaces are continually becoming available for use. Fines are necessary to ensure that people don't abuse the system and block others from accessing the limited resource.

With a two hour limit on free parking you are actually making more spaces available for people to use than if there was no time limit. With paid for parking, you get what you pay for - longer periods of parking. Don't forget that the carparks, like other rate/tax payer services have to be maintained. 

Yawn. Could have summed up the above borefest with "I'm a civil servant and I'm here to stand up for my fellow officers whose job is to literally fleece money off the general public to pay for my salary and pension."

44 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

It's Robin Hood in reverse! Rob the poor and pay the rich.

All of the recent, 'innovations', only affect the pockets of the average fella, (in a negative way).

Robin Hood is about the rich robbing the poor. And Robin Hood takes back from the rich, what they stole from the poor.

For f--- sake, have we gone so far down into a 1984 style dystopia that people actually think Robin Hood stories were about the poor stealing from the rich? It was literally the other way around!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rushen Spy
  • Confused 1
9 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Yawn. Could have summed up the above borefest with "I'm a civil servant and I'm here to stand up for my fellow officers whose job is to literally fleece money off the general public to pay for my salary and pension."

I work for a privately owned company. 

• Haha 1

of course RH was about taking from the rich to give back to the poor!..........I was pointing out that here the opposite takes place, the poor are robbed to pay the rich.........got it now?

Edited by doc.fixit