No wonder the psychiatric service is a shambles

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only at NoBalls Hospital eh?

The addition or a comma after Hurley, would make that read better. Just saying, not criticising.

Because I’m too old and wouldn’t effectively contribute to turning Tynwald into a modern, forward looking 21st Century Parliament. And by trotting out the tired and irrelevant ‘Why don’t you stan

7 minutes ago, Patient centred said:

Who is heading up/ leading the mental health services at the moment?
seems like there is a massive vacuum  

Clinically, or administratively ?

54 minutes ago, Patient centred said:

Yes both. Does anyone know? Anyone??

Ross Bailey is managing the service, and doing it very well. I think he’s only in an acting capacity.

I’ve had several meetings with him in the last few months. Lots of practical innovative stuff. Having to use existing budgets. He enabled the MHRT to sit remotely, then there’s the embedded CMHP project with the police. 

Truth is lots of Mental Health Service delivery should be in the community. 

I don’t know who, if anyone, has been appointed up to act as clinical director after Dr Byrne stood down and resigned.

We've also got a full team of Consultant psychologists for the first time in ages. Not sure who heads up that side, but Mark Skelding was good when he appeared in the Covid briefings, so was Ross.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, John Wright said:

Ross Bailey is managing the service, and doing it very well. I think he’s only in an acting capacity.

I’ve had several meetings with him in the last few months. Lots of practical innovative stuff. Having to use existing budgets. He enabled the MHRT to sit remotely, then there’s the embedded CMHP project with the police. 

Truth is lots of Mental Health Service delivery should be in the community. 

I don’t know who, if anyone, has been appointed up to act as clinical director after Dr Byrne stood down and resigned.

We've also got a full team of Consultant psychologists for the first time in ages. Not sure who heads up that side, but Mark Skelding was good when he appeared in the Covid briefings, so was Ross.

Unfortunately, I beg to disagree. I do not have your level of confidence in any of those mentioned. All turned a blind eye to Dr Byrne and plenty of other things going on. Actually they don’t have a clue. God help them all

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Timothy Byrne’s hearing to establish if his fitness to practice was impaired was scheduled for 29th/30th July. Seemingly no outcome yet.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Ha ha bottled it and withdrew your fantasy claims as someone worked out who you are? 

They were claims we've heard before though, both on here and elsewhere.  Whether they are true or fair in these particular circumstances I don't know, but I don't think they are fantasy in the sense of being made up out of nothing.

It's an ongoing problem in mental health - how you treat patients with personality disorders, especially with narcissistic or manipulative traits.  Because part of the way these things express themselves, there's a danger that they may take away attention and care from other patients who might need it more and who might benefit from treatment more quickly.  But equally you can't just ignore them.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:48 AM, Uhtred said:

Timothy Byrne’s hearing to establish if his fitness to practice was impaired was scheduled for 29th/30th July. Seemingly no outcome yet.

Struck off according to the MPTS site

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, weasel said:

Struck off according to the MPTS site

Ah...wasn’t there yesterday.

So Dr Byrne has been struck off. 
Hasn’t been any official announcement of this. After all we don’t want to lift the stone to see what else there might be underneath. Problem is, it keeps on seeping out and covering everyone else. 

Edited by Patient centred
Spelling