No wonder the psychiatric service is a shambles

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only at NoBalls Hospital eh?

The addition or a comma after Hurley, would make that read better. Just saying, not criticising.

Because I’m too old and wouldn’t effectively contribute to turning Tynwald into a modern, forward looking 21st Century Parliament. And by trotting out the tired and irrelevant ‘Why don’t you stan

On 8/6/2020 at 3:03 AM, 2bees said:

There’s some crazy things in those tribunals. 

No this doctor took advantage of a patient, crossed professional boundaries and lied about it. He had also been fleecing the system without any oversight at all and surrounded himself in likeminded cronies. All bad. Watch out for those moving into private practice locally as the spotlight falls on them!!

Edited by Patient centred

That’s nothing compared to the doctor who was nicking NHS smak for her mate and then got herself caught driving while off her head on some other drink and drugs she’d acquired and another one who shagged a goat (a goat... wtf? How did they even know this? Goatbook?) if I hadn’t seen that link I’d never have looked )and I partially wish I hadn’t)  - I mean, at what point in your career as a doctor do you think you’re going to be ok nicking drugs and shagging goats - Seriously! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, 2bees said:

I mean, at what point in your career as a doctor do you think you’re going to be ok nicking drugs and shagging goats - Seriously!

When they're trying to get away from bones and in to politics?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, 2bees said:

That’s nothing compared to the doctor who was nicking NHS smak for her mate and then got herself caught driving while off her head on some other drink and drugs she’d acquired and another one who shagged a goat (a goat... wtf? How did they even know this? Goatbook?) if I hadn’t seen that link I’d never have looked )and I partially wish I hadn’t)

- I mean, at what point in your career as a doctor do you think you’re going to be ok nicking drugs and shagging goats - Seriously! 

As the forums known medic I will hand this over to Wrighty.

Tell us, has that thought crept up on you yet? Or does it come later, nearer retirement age?

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

As the forums known medic I will hand this over to Wrighty.

Tell us, has that thought crept up on you yet? Or does it come later, nearer retirement age?

Glad you all think that this serious matter is so trivial. Clearly you have never tried to access local mental health services which have been a shambles for years. 

5 minutes ago, Patient centred said:

Glad you all think that this serious matter is so trivial. Clearly you have never tried to access local mental health services which have been a shambles for years. 

I have, on behalf of and with someone who I was afraid may be suicidal, fucking disgraceful! (Apologies for the language) 

Don't bother us, we're far to busy to be dealing with the things we are meant to be dealing with, come back in three or four weeks!  

• Like 2

I apologise unreservedly. I have a friend who has been trying to get help for years, like many others he gets pushed from pillar to post. There are too many suicides by people who’ve reached out for help and been denied (or sent to drug and alcohol) I believe it is only a matter of time before my friend succumbs to his dark thoughts and there is absolutely nothing I can do. 

The details have been published if you want to read about how a senior Dr placed his vulnerable patient's hand on his erect penis during a therapy session. And fingered her.

b. in or around July 2012 you placed Patient A’s hand on your erect penis whilst kissing Patient A; Determined and found proved

c. on one or more occasions during consultations XXX you masturbated Patient A.

Determined and found proved

Theres a pdf at the bottom of this

https://www.mpts-uk.org/hearings-and-decisions/medical-practitioners-tribunals/dr-timothy-byrne-jul-19

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The details have been published if you want to read about how a senior Dr placed his vulnerable patient's hand on his erect penis during a therapy session. And fingered her.

Theres a pdf at the bottom of this

https://www.mpts-uk.org/hearings-and-decisions/medical-practitioners-tribunals/dr-timothy-byrne-jul-19

If that is not a case for an 18 sentence, then nothing is. What a bastard to abuse someone so venerable for his own sexual gratification.
That poor young lady needed support and trust, not the attention of this sleezeball. (Sp). I hope there is a criminal case here too as he needs taking out of society.

If he isn’t locked up for this, then we should just unlock all the cells in the Jurby Hilton.

Bastard.

• Like 1

It's not a criminal case, he hasn't been charged with a crime, I'm not entirely sure there even was one and if there was the burden of proof would probably need to be higher on behalf of the prosecution.  A criminal case would probably not be beneficial to the lady involved. The GMC is supposed to deal with this kind of thing, and has. Shame it took so long, and that he was able to resign rather than be sacked.

It's interesting to look back at the start of this thread, there has been some heavy editing. Wonder what hissingsid thinks now?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's not a criminal case, he hasn't been charged with a crime, I'm not entirely sure there even was one and if there was the burden of proof would probably need to be higher on behalf of the prosecution.  A criminal case would probably not be beneficial to the lady involved. The GMC is supposed to deal with this kind of thing, and has. Shame it took so long, and that he was able to resign rather than be sacked.

It's interesting to look back at the start of this thread, there has been some heavy editing. Wonder what hissingsid thinks now?

Seems to me he was just “grooming”, the same as if she was under age. Surely someone with the need for Psychiatric help is in no position to consent to such behaviour or treatment. Still a bastard in my eyes.