Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Patient centred

No wonder the psychiatric service is a shambles

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

It has been known for a patient to become starry eyed putting it mildly about a doctor who has been kind to them.    Bearing this in mind it could be in this case a matter of wishful thinking on behalf of the patient wh was not in a good state of mind and has mistaken kindness for romantic interest.    I think there is a certain amount of hearsay and gossip surrounding this case and I do hope these allegations come to nothing, the accuser should be named as well as the accused .    I am sure this would cut down the number of cases like this.

You may be right but even if the doctor is exonerated it could be contrary to the best interests of the patient to identify her publicly if she's genuinely suffering from mental health problems - which doesn't appear to be in dispute.

• Like 2

I do not care if the woman is mentally ill, she is obviously well enough to make a complaint against a doctor and should be named.   Too easy to hide behind the mentally challenged card.   How many people escape punishment in the courts hiding behind this or that report, too many. If this has been going on for two years why complain now ?   Sounds to me if people have been putting their oar in and using a situation for their own ends.

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

You may be right but even if the doctor is exonerated it could be contrary to the best interests of the patient to identify her publicly if she's genuinely suffering from mental health problems - which doesn't appear to be in dispute.

Just a thought, but who determines what her condition is and when and where the visits will take place and how often ?

Would said Dr. decide by any chance ?

I do hope if this doctor is exonerated he sues this woman for compensation for the pain she has put on him and his family.

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

I do hope if this doctor is exonerated he sues this woman for compensation for the pain she has put on him and his family.

Goes with the territory Sid

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Just a thought, but who determines what her condition is and when and where the visits will take place and how often ?

Would said Dr. decide by any chance ?

I guess he would.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I guess he would.

Can't beat a regular "home visit" if you get the chance!

• Haha 1

I may sound a bit hard and pedantic over this but for years now I have always felt that this was very unfair the way that a woman, who remains nameless, can make an allegation against a man who is named and shamed and in countless cases it proves to be all my eye.   There was one in the press today, over the water, about some minor celeb who was being accused of assaulting a woman in a nightclub years ago, for goodness sake.   It it even worse in a small community mud sticks even if it should never have been thrown in the first place.   If the woman in this case is mentally challenged how can you take anything she says to be true ?   

50 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I may sound a bit hard and pedantic over this but for years now I have always felt that this was very unfair the way that a woman, who remains nameless, can make an allegation against a man who is named and shamed and in countless cases it proves to be all my eye.   There was one in the press today, over the water, about some minor celeb who was being accused of assaulting a woman in a nightclub years ago, for goodness sake.   It it even worse in a small community mud sticks even if it should never have been thrown in the first place.   If the woman in this case is mentally challenged how can you take anything she says to be true ?   

Sorry Sid, I usually agree with you, but you can't go saying this soul is "mentally challenged". God love her, she may have just had mild depression, before entering the system

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

God love her, she may have just had mild depression, before entering the system

.. and being fucked by her doctor. 

6 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:
8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

God love her, she may have just had mild depression, before entering the system

.. and being fucked by her doctor. 

Well, was that treatment ?:ph34r: 

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Well, was that treatment ?:ph34r: 

I could name another doctor who swore by that "treatment" quite effective too by all accounts!

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, finlo said:

I could name another doctor who swore by that "treatment" quite effective too by all accounts!

I could name one too, going back a few decades.

I reckon the only "treat" was for the Dr.

( and his patients only had hiccups ( sp )

Edited by dilligaf

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I could name one too, going back a few decades.

I reckon the only "treat" was for the Dr.

Probably thinking of the same chap.

And don’t even get me started on the psychology department;

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=49635&headline=Tribunal hears accusations of bullying in health department&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2019

The psychology service is left to its own devises with no connection to the psychiatric service and law unto itself. No strategy, loads of bullying. No support. This might be why the turnover of psychologists is so high and they have all moved to the private sector.

What is needed is a review by the Royal College of Psychiatrists and someone without an ICD-10 diagnosis leading .