No wonder the psychiatric service is a shambles

7 hours ago, Sheldon said:

And that makes you the lucky one.

Ouch. :lol: But what they say is true: I've no idea who Patient centred is. Nor any interest. I appreciate all posters who contribute useful information and they have provided much of it.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only at NoBalls Hospital eh?

The addition or a comma after Hurley, would make that read better. Just saying, not criticising.

Because I’m too old and wouldn’t effectively contribute to turning Tynwald into a modern, forward looking 21st Century Parliament. And by trotting out the tired and irrelevant ‘Why don’t you stan

If expert doctors are brought over to the Island, presumably paid for by IOM Gov., for the purpose of providing an expert opinion and the sole purpose of the Independent Report, and, in their field of expertise and of significant importance in the case, detail something that is factually wrong in their area of speciality, is this merely an error, and something more sinister?

What the mental health service needs is a visit from the RCPsych visiting team who do reviews and
we need someone to look beyond the folders of policies that were cut and pasted from the internet by non clinicians and never opened by clinicians. I think the last big review of the health service simply looked at these and spoke to a couple of managers. Mental health had a paragraph and rated as no problems. 
Or we need. an independent audit against these policies. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Patient centred said:

What the mental health service needs is a visit from the RCPsych visiting team who do reviews and
we need someone to look beyond the folders of policies that were cut and pasted from the internet by non clinicians and never opened by clinicians. I think the last big review of the health service simply looked at these and spoke to a couple of managers. Mental health had a paragraph and rated as no problems. 
Or we need. an independent audit against these policies. 

Ouch!  But that's true of so much that goes on in government on the Island.  Policy is something that is dreamt up (or copied) by expensive people sitting around saying how wonderful they all are and then ignored (for good or ill) by those actually doing the work.  A Potemkin screen to allow things to go on as before, irrespective of the consequences.

There is some evidence about practicalities and how things actually work in the real world.  We do know that not all is well from  the limited scrutiny in the Dickinson report, which we discussed in a separate thread last month and also from the Reports of the Mental Health Commission which mostly cover the same ground.  But there's little on either the medical aspect (indeed it was weirdly absent from the Dickinson report) or most important on what the demand is for services and how it is met. 

14 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Ouch!  But that's true of so much that goes on in government on the Island.  Policy is something that is dreamt up (or copied) by expensive people sitting around saying how wonderful they all are and then ignored (for good or ill) by those actually doing the work.  A Potemkin screen to allow things to go on as before, irrespective of the consequences.

There is some evidence about practicalities and how things actually work in the real world.  We do know that not all is well from  the limited scrutiny in the Dickinson report, which we discussed in a separate thread last month and also from the Reports of the Mental Health Commission which mostly cover the same ground.  But there's little on either the medical aspect (indeed it was weirdly absent from the Dickinson report) or most important on what the demand is for services and how it is met. 

Exactly. I asked whether anyone had this data a number of years ago and no one did. Lots of extrapolation from elsewhere and no clue as to need, diagnosis etc on the island. I’m not sure they even collect or analyse data on suicide. 

13 minutes ago, Patient centred said:

Exactly. I asked whether anyone had this data a number of years ago and no one did. Lots of extrapolation from elsewhere and no clue as to need, diagnosis etc on the island. I’m not sure they even collect or analyse data on suicide. 

Ask for info from Steve Chell as to how many cases of Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (a condition caused by psychiatric meds) had been reported on the island in a recorded meeting. He told me they would provide it, but guess what.......silence. 

3 hours ago, VixenTheViking said:

Ask for info from Steve Chell as to how many cases of Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (a condition caused by psychiatric meds) had been reported on the island in a recorded meeting. He told me they would provide it, but guess what.......silence. 

He probably needed to look up what that meant. 
they dont have that data to hand despite the vast amount of data that goes into Rio computer system to the detriment of actual patient face to face time   

Edited by Patient centred
Typo/ predictive text error
2 hours ago, Patient centred said:

they won’t have that data to hand depression the vast amount of data that goes into Rio computer system to the detriment of actual patient face to face time   

Sorry, can you please clarify or re-word what you mean by the above? 

• Like 1
On 10/6/2019 at 3:59 PM, Patient centred said:

It’s not about me though is it?

I am not going to reveal my identity. Up to you if you listen or not to what I know. 

This thread has been illuminating. It’s very clear our psychiatric services are in a terrible state; not least from the way people seem to have to self medicate online by posting a load conspiracy rubbish and random bullshit for other people to read :lol:

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

This thread has been illuminating. It’s very clear our psychiatric services are in a terrible state; not least from the way people seem to have to self medicate online by posting a load conspiracy rubbish and random bullshit for other people to read :lol:

And the conspiracy is what exactly?

you do know that the cloak of mannanan is just fog heh?

Edited by Patient centred
Addition
  • Haha 1