Parish Commissioners to merge?

On 7/18/2019 at 11:10 AM, Derek Flint said:
On 7/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, fredtosser said:

3 out of 5 Malew members resigned this week.

and will anyone notice?

Someone clearly has because all five were on their website earlier today and now only two remain.  And Manx Radio has now reported that the Breretons have resigned as well as Pilling (they said he had only resigned as Chair, but presumably meant from the Commissioners as well).  Which means they will be inquorate and can't make any decisions without fresh election or co-option.  Though as usual you read it here first.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So....with a large fanfare quote from Phil Gawne extolling efficiencies and savings (could you make it up?), there is a proposal to merge Arbory and Rushen Commissioners (iomtoday). Maybe we're f

I am sure that Phil Gawne will ensure all roads down south leading from the Sloc will be extravagantly resurfaced  

The continuation of the parish commissioners system is well overdue for review. It makes no sense having the level of micropolitics that exist for a dispersed village of 80,000 people.  These ent

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:
1 hour ago, Kopek said:

Well I hope that they are offering their electorate some explanation for their resignations afterall, they put them there, they deserve some  reasons?

Potentially having to deal with a total cretin like Phil Gawne is reason enough. 

But Phil speaks highly of you. If calling you a first class twat, is praise. You are not fit to wipe his shoes, moron. Throwing stones from behind a wall is not exactly brave is it TSOS

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But Phil speaks highly of you. If calling you a first class twat, is praise. You are not fit to wipe his shoes, moron. Throwing stones from behind a wall is not exactly brave is it TSOS

Hardly surprising that you stand up for useless wankers. Have you written him a MF reference too like you seem to do for all the rapists, losers, sex pests, and morons? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, thesultanofsheight said:
5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Hardly surprising that you stand up for useless wankers. Have you written him a MF reference too like you seem to do for all the rapists, losers, sex pests, and morons? 

How did you pass the " age verification " for posting ? You have to be the saddest poster on here. That even lets TJ off the hook. 

Have you no shame ? ( or do I need to post the PMs you sent me ?)

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:
7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe I will just post them anyway. Mr hardman.

Your just a gutless wanker who bores the arse off this forum with your various identities/issues. 

Is that a dare then to post your PMs to me ?

Edit to add that you can't delete what I have saved. :lol:

Second edit to add that you could not even admit that you had been banned not that long ago :lol:

Edited by dilligaf
11 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Are you a child? I’m just wondering how a pensioner 

Are you a child? 

Ask your mum .

(glad I quoted that post) :lol:

Edited by dilligaf
  • 1 month later...
On 7/19/2019 at 9:02 PM, Roger Mexico said:
On 7/18/2019 at 11:10 AM, Derek Flint said:
On 7/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, fredtosser said:

3 out of 5 Malew members resigned this week.

and will anyone notice?

Someone clearly has because all five were on their website earlier today and now only two remain.  And Manx Radio has now reported that the Breretons have resigned as well as Pilling (they said he had only resigned as Chair, but presumably meant from the Commissioners as well).  Which means they will be inquorate and can't make any decisions without fresh election or co-option.  Though as usual you read it here first.

As often when there is a by-election there has been a flurry of interest and it's now perm any three from six, with a rather ...interesting...selection of candidates:

Six candidates have come forward to stand for three positions on the board of Malew Commissioners in an upcoming by-election.

Director Nigel Bazley, retail manager Timothy Chamberlain and homemaker Tanya Mackrell will all take part in the contest, which is scheduled to take place on Thursday 12 September.

They'll be joined by Isle of Man Green Party candidate Leo Cussons, director Kevin Oliphant-Smith, and IT and finance professional Kurt Roosen.

The period for nominations closed yesterday.

The three vacant seats became available in July after chairman Bob Pilling resigned, a move swiftly followed by members Barbara and John Brereton.

The successful candidates will join remaining commissioners, vice-chair Margaret Mansfield and Janice Knighton.