Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
doc.fixit

what's it all about?

When a company would like your custom, why do they make it so hard to do business with them?

1.they make money from your call so before they put you through they fill your ear with nonsense, racking up cash all the time they are yacking when you can eventually get through.

2.they try to sell you all sorts of things you don't want or need.

3.they try to sell you the most expensive option available whether that' what you need or not.

What has happened to customer service? Good friendly advice and good quality, reasonably priced service or goods.

I only wanted breakdown cover.

6 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

When a company would like your custom, why do they make it so hard to do business with them?

1.they make money from your call so before they put you through they fill your ear with nonsense, racking up cash all the time they are yacking when you can eventually get through.

3.they try to sell you the most expensive option available whether that' what you need or not.

What has happened to customer service? Good friendly advice and good quality, reasonably priced service or goods.

Ah insurance types say no more!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Insurance; car salesmen; airlines = bastards.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Insurance; car salesmen; airlines = bastards.

Car salesmen are the worst among the lot IMHO.

• Like 1

Thanks folks! I just had to vent my spleen. The old lady was getting fed up of my grumpiness.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Car salesmen are the worst among the lot IMHO.

Try a solicitor for comparison

• Like 1

Before I even properly made it to the counter I had taken to stating no, I would not like to take out extra cover or anything else you are going to ask me whenever I bought something in curries. They still asked me. I genuinely think it's in their contract that they must ask. For this reason I now just let them get on with it to about 3/4 way through each one, then say no thank you. I do this purely out of human decency, lest it dawn upon them how shit their working lives really are. Same with the phone crews. I ask no thanks for this service to humanity, which is just as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, display name said:

Try a solicitor for comparison

Or an accountant, batards.

Just now, Max Power said:

Or an accountant, batards.

Worst of all, bankers!

• Like 1

There you are, we all feel better now!............they're all still slimeballs though.

• Haha 3

Bring this topic up in the inevitable follow up phone call they make asking you to review the service they offered when taking cash out of your pocket.

One local business tried that one in me today. I was having a bad day, I'm sure someone was crying on the other end of the line when I eventually hung up.

Talking of time wasters - friend of mine lives in the Laxey area and was having real trouble yesterday with a DIY project that’s not going wonderfully well. At exactly the wrong moment the door bell rings. He’s in two minds but decides to respond in case it’s important. There are two guys on the doorstep and as soon as my (frazzled) friend opens the door one asks “Do you think about Jesus?”. My friend replies “Actually I’m thinking about him right now because he’s responsible for cunts like you interrupting me” and slams the door!

Knock on the door rules.

if it's important, they will yell through the door.

if it's the Police, they have a magic key if your car is not taxed - if you've done something serious, you would have read on Face ache that they are looking for you anyways.

if the place is on fire,  the key is size 10 and connected to a firefighters right leg.

Anyone else will ask you about Jebus, or will be asking for their ball back.  They can wait.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 7:31 PM, the stinking enigma said:

Before I even properly made it to the counter I had taken to stating no, I would not like to take out extra cover or anything else you are going to ask me whenever I bought something in curries. They still asked me. I genuinely think it's in their contract that they must ask. For this reason I now just let them get on with it to about 3/4 way through each one, then say no thank you. I do this purely out of human decency, lest it dawn upon them how shit their working lives really are. Same with the phone crews. I ask no thanks for this service to humanity, which is just as well.

I used to say something like this:

”I want to buy this freezer, and if you so much as mention an extended guarantee I will leave”

I can really see no need for them. 

On 7/25/2019 at 7:31 PM, the stinking enigma said:

They have to ask as when you answer the question in their satisfaction survey and say you were not offered something, that person is hauled over the coals!

The motor trade 'satisfaction surveys' are a joke. You are quizzed to death in the showroom or service reception, simply to ensure that you answer the survey positively. Being 'satisfied' is a nil score, you must be 'completely satisfied' and anyone who has just had their pants taken down who says that they are completely satisfied must be mentally ill!  The fact that actual satisfaction is on the floor doesn't seem to matter to manufacturers, all they are interested in is deducting bonuses from dealerships and making sure that you have been offered all sorts of junk!

Much of this scripted selling and surveying is counter productive and gets in the way of actually giving good service!