Britain’s Best Little Prison

2 hours ago, Declan said:

Yeah that'll stop 'em going on the rob when they get out. 

Get a job, perchance? Not difficult in our booming, short of labour, economy. Or does being criminally inclined entitle one to an eternal meal ticket?

Edited by woolley
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prison certainly works for this guy doesn't it. Chronic recidivism is learnt behaviour for him and prison is almost a reward like giving a monkey a banana. Every time he loses he probably thinks he's

You have a pretty high opinion of yourself for an idiot.  No employer is going to give him any sort of chance for no other reason than he’s a complete dickhead. 

Posted Images

People with significant criminal convictions might find it hard to get a job.

Anyway, all this positivity about the programme makes me kind of want to watch it. It's not on the pirate bay. Never used the ITV iPlayer thingy. Do you need to make an account? 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, woolley said:

Get a job, perchance? Not difficult in our booming, short of labour, economy. Or does being criminally inclined entitle one to an eternal meal ticket?

That should be the short term goal, but I don’t think it’s practical to release someone from prison into a home and paid employment without the benefits system being involved. 

• Thanks 2
48 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Anyway, all this positivity about the programme makes me kind of want to watch it. It's not on the pirate bay. Never used the ITV iPlayer thingy. Do you need to make an account? 

Email address and postcode if I recall. 2 minute job, anyhow.  Worth doing. 

50 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's on the ITV hub, you have to sign in but it takes no time at all. Deffo worth a watch, a proper theatre of the absurd. Surprisingly, the 30 minutes flew by.

Can't wait for the next instalment...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

They could start by looking at Athol St for a job

49 minutes ago, quilp said:

It's on the ITV hub, you have to sign in but it takes no time at all. Deffo worth a watch, a proper theatre of the absurd. Surprisingly, the 30 minutes flew by.

Probably because when you take the ads out, it's only 20 minutes. :P

I could have done without the Stephen-Fry-at-his-most-condescending tone of the voiceover and the music was a bit pointlessly manic, but it was a good enough watch, even if you didn't know or know of those involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The shots of the Island were fabulous and they kept showing them throughout the programme just think how much it would cost to get these in the form of an advert and this will be on for 5 more weeks, must be worth thousands.    Loved the programme cannot wait for next week.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The shots of the Island were fabulous and they kept showing them throughout the programme just think how much it would cost to get these in the form of an advert and this will be on for 5 more weeks, must be worth thousands.    Loved the programme cannot wait for next week.

Laurence? Is that you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, 2112 said:

Sounds like another person given up upon by our ‘caring and prosperous government’. Also possibly another one to have slipped through mental health services net, and social services. Still he made good entertainment for the Skelly and Malarkey Show. 

Another person remanded into Jurby for theft from Dealz.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/man-admits-stealing-vest-and-t-shirt/

Will he be in the next series? The Island of Loony Tunes, Druggies, and other assorted oddballs. 

Still the island has lots of mental health issues, zero care in the community and woeful treatment at the Hospital. A wonderful advertisement for relocating to the island, drugs readily available like in major UK city centres. Perhaps HRH The Chief Minister could invite Harry and Meghan to the island - maybe there will be mass round up of mental health cases so as not to embarrass COMIN. Just being sarcastic!

Yeah, but, as far as I can see (IOM Examiner, Monday 30/7), the scrote in question had just been released by the court on probation a matter of minutes or hours before. Not surprised he was remanded in custody, as he had lost his place at David Gray House.

• Like 1