Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Manx Bean

Britain’s Best Little Prison

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Craig Varey is now a married man obviously a changed character......

Married within a year to the widow of the Cocaine Cunt Caldwell - I fucking hope that Social Services are close to the unfortunate offspring of the these 3 wastes of skin

She'd fuck a Tram Horse for a lift to JAKS....

Having had first hand experience of his ways, I can categorically say that prison is far, far too good for the person named.  I will refrain from saying what I really think, but his appearance on the show sickens me to my core.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Having had first hand experience of his ways, I can categorically say that prison is far, far too good for the person named.  I will refrain from saying what I really think, but his appearance on the show sickens me to my core.

He admits to having a long list of convictions and no doubt been a drain on society previously. The programme showed that he had spent 10 months in prison in which the jury felt that he was innocent of his charge. He then walked free after they let him go and although you could sense something slimy of his time in prison, he was released, married and therefore one hopes that he is never seen again in the penal system and a drain on society. Probably a watch this space type of person, but who knows?

• Like 1

I still can't get over the deputy governor offering to take female inmates out, presumably in his own car, to go underwear shopping. Did I imagine that or have I got it right ? Where do you begin with something like that...?

The one who comes out with most credit in this whole programme is the woman in charge of security. It was good to see her standing up to the deputy governor's idiocy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, manxy said:

He admits to having a long list of convictions and no doubt been a drain on society previously. The programme showed that he had spent 10 months in prison in which the jury felt that he was innocent of his charge. He then walked free after they let him go and although you could sense something slimy of his time in prison, he was released, married and therefore one hopes that he is never seen again in the penal system and a drain on society. Probably a watch this space type of person, but who knows?

Well, when someone has punched you repeatedly, kicked you, stomped on you, followed you home, intimidated your family etc, i'm sure and reasonable victim would sleep easy knowing that he spent 10 months in the nick playing on a playstation, and is now an angel sent from above to spend the rest of his days being wholesome member of the community.  Sorry, not buying.  I had sustained contact with this individual, and know his act inside out.  Charming, friendly, helpful etc (exactly as he comes across on the programme) as long as you turn a blind eye to his shenanigans.  Then, in the blink of an eye, you are on the receiving end of one of the most vicious individuals out there.  Only thing I hope is that next time he's playing with kitchen utensils, he's on the receiving end, as that's what his life of crime deserves, not a few months in prison 'with privileges'.

Funny thing is, I never reported him to the police.  Having now seen this programme, i'm glad I didn't - would have been rewarding him for his behaviour, and that, says it all, about our 'justice' system.

Edited by Tricky
Add last paragraph.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I still can't get over the deputy governor offering to take female inmates out, presumably in his own car, to go underwear shopping. Did I imagine that or have I got it right ? Where do you begin with something like that...?

The one who comes out with most credit in this whole programme is the woman in charge of security. It was good to see her standing up to the deputy governor's idiocy.

George looking to order jeans for another prisoner, what the actual fuck is going on up there...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Yorkshire Airport is another fly on the wall programme which is worth watching.

Hardly on a par with the Jurby Holiday Camp though is it. The airport is not supposed to be housing the dregs of society...

21 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

the whole thing is perverse.

Our government are totally stupid to have let this farce occur. Just how stupid do we as a once proud nation look now. Hot tub bill and Dan Dare need kicking out NOW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieBrown said:

So the Caldwell found dead in remote field Feb 2018 in bizarre  'toothache cocaine overdose scenario', Varey stabs a fella repeatedly later that year and is now out completely reformed and happily married to the widow after spending not long inside, it really is the best little prison!

Actually if you'd been paying attention you'd have realised that the stabbing had taken place in October 2017 and Varey was inside from then on. The programme said he was on remand for ten months (at least) so the trial was presumably July last year.  And he spent 'not long' inside because the jury acquitted him of all charges. 

At least the programme suggested that, because as usual with trials on the Island, while there is plenty of evidence in the media of when he was charges and held in custody, there's nothing I could find to say what actually happened when it all came to Court. Justice is very rarely seen to be done nowadays and even the merest reporting of the verdict never seems to make the news, never mind the details behind it.  Someone can be acquitted and all that a google search will show is that they were charged; someone can be found guilty of horrendous crimes and the details of them won't be public.  Unless there is an appeal that is reported or the case raises a point of law, there will be nothing on the judgments website.  And if the prosecution makes a mess of the case (as may have happened here) we will never know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Proper criminals know how to get off with things and they are an absolute menace. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The interesting thing was that he was suggesting it because it was something he did when he was working in an English prison (presumably a women's open prison).  So if it was as daft as it sounds, it didn't originate here.   I can see that underwear is more of a problem than other items because catalogues etc won't do returns, but surely people have some idea of what they like?

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually if you'd been paying attention you'd have realised that the stabbing had taken place in October 2017 and Varey was inside from then on. The programme said he was on remand for ten months (at least) so the trial was presumably July last year.  And he spent 'not long' inside because the jury acquitted him of all charges. 

I wonder if he didn’t get convicted as the victim was a bit scared? And yet a man who was caught on a bank holiday Monday having forgotten to renew his car insurance on the Friday with a few bald tyres get a £600 fine. 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=50202

Edited by MrPB

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, thebees said:

Proper criminals know how to get off with things and they are an absolute menace. 

and their legal team.

I used to be so  naive that I thought legal people worked for the people and society. What a fool I was.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

and their legal team.

I used to be so  naive that I thought legal people worked for the people and society. What a fool I was.

Never had you down as being that green Dilli!

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

Never had you down as being that green Dilli!

I need to dry behind my ears it would seem