Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

War on plastic

Apparently they, the ones in the big house, are considering scrapping single use plastic bags and plates etc..  Bottles were never mentioned, now plastic bottles are the big scourge as I see it.   Everyone under 30 seems to have one attached to the left hand, right hand, obviously , has mobile phone attached.   It must be a fashion cult.   When I was young and went out for a walk or a dander down town I didn't bring a water supply with me for god's sake. There needs to be a 50p deposit on every bottle sold, that would concentrate their minds.   The idea of water taps is a good one but why do people find the need to keep drinking the stuff.   I drink a good deal of water when at home, except when they have been heavy handed with the fluoride or chorine but do not feel the need to be glugging it walking along Strand street.

Edited by hissingsid
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Never ceases to amaze me the number of lucozade and energy drink plastic bottles that are discarded on the roadsides...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Never ceases to amaze me the number of lucozade and energy drink plastic bottles that are discarded on the roadsides...

It is a "relentless" problem and I don't have the "energy" to follow it up.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Fucking cyclists :)

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Everyone under 30 seems to have one attached to the left hand, right hand, obviously , has mobile phone attached.   It must be a fashion cult.   

Where as those over-30 need both hands to carry around their sense of entitlement and step ladder so they can look down upon those younger than themselves? 

The rest of your post makes some interesting points, but the lazy generalisations and stereotypes lets it down. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Where as those over-30 need both hands to carry around their sense of entitlement and step ladder so they can look down upon those younger than themselves? 

The rest of your post makes some interesting points, but the lazy generalisations and stereotypes lets it down. 

Wan Kerr

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Apparently they, the ones in the big house, are considering scrapping single use plastic bags and plates etc..  Bottles were never mentioned, now plastic bottles are the big scourge as I see it. 

well coca cola use those so you can bet not many folks want to fuck with lawyers from coca cola

Edited by WTF

14 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Fucking cyclists :)

Cyclists use cycle bottles. I have about 12. They last for years. We don't often throw them away - just stick 'em in the dishwasher. 

They range from £3 to....silly money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Shoe said:

Cyclists use cycle bottles. I have about 12. They last for years. We don't often throw them away - just stick 'em in the dishwasher. 

They range from £3 to....silly money. 

It looks like his comment was an attempt at humour. :flowers:

2 minutes ago, PmJ said:

It looks like his comment was an attempt at humour. :flowers:

Totally agree. But didn't want to give dilligaf another reason to go off on one about cyclists.

• Haha 2

Just now, Mr Shoe said:

Totally agree. But didn't want to give dilligaf another reason to go off on one about cyclists.

I think dilli is a secret lycra wearer. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Apparently they, the ones in the big house, are considering scrapping single use plastic bags and plates etc..  Bottles were never mentioned, now plastic bottles are the big scourge as I see it.   Everyone under 30 seems to have one attached to the left hand, right hand, obviously , has mobile phone attached.   It must be a fashion cult.   When I was young and went out for a walk or a dander down town I didn't bring a water supply with me for god's sake. There needs to be a 50p deposit on every bottle sold, that would concentrate their minds.   The idea of water taps is a good one but why do people find the need to keep drinking the stuff.   I drink a good deal of water when at home, except when they have been heavy handed with the fluoride or chorine but do not feel the need to be glugging it walking along Strand street.

I'm not really sure what you are annoyed about, but from what I can tell most nippers seem to carry around reusable bottles. Which is the obvious solution to the problem. 

The challenge is to find somewhere to refill them, since the councils have systematically removed drinking fountains over the years. 

• Like 1