Missing Persons Department

8 minutes ago, gettafa said:

@Rhumsaa has reportedly seen him well and good. 

He may have got better but I doubt his arguments have. 

I thought Notty was OK. Yes, he could get a bit tetchy at times, maybe even a bit over the top, but certainly no worse than some of the dingbats that, even now, post page after page of one on one insults seemingly with impunity. Some of the worst offenders actually cry foul and play the victim. Astonishing.

Surely the best way to deal with it is not to engage with it. Answer the point, but not the invective. If you don't answer the first insult, it lies dead in the water. In fact, as a suggestion, why not ban RESPONDING to insults. The rule is, if someone calls you a twat you don't reply in kind on pain of a ban. Threads might be shorter, but infinitely more readable.

• Like 7
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe they are looking for sites where semi serious debates can be had, without the constant degeneration of topics into name calling etc etc !  

Too many threads descend into slanging matches. Too many posters dismissive / rude about others equally (in)valid viewpoints / opinions. Too few intelligent / thoughtful responses. Just not worth enga

He got a permanent ban. Someone posted about it, that they knew him in real life and he said he wouldn't be back. I'd like to see LC/PL/MTP/Keyboarder back. Or Tarne, who I know posted some prett

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, woolley said:

I thought Notty was OK. Yes, he could get a bit tetchy at times, maybe even a bit over the top, but certainly no worse than some of the dingbats that, even now, post page after page of one on one insults seemingly with impunity. Some of the worst offenders actually cry foul and play the victim. Astonishing.

Surely the best way to deal with it is not to engage with it. Answer the point, but not the invective. If you don't answer the first insult, it lies dead in the water. In fact, as a suggestion, why not ban RESPONDING to insults. The rule is, if someone calls you a twat you don't reply in kind on pain of a ban. Threads might be shorter, but infinitely more readable.

You're an absolute twat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

maybe I'm viewing things through rose tinted glasses but I'm sure back in the day there was plenty of back and forth and arguments and name calling but somehow it was still an ok forum and place to be

• Like 4
4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I've been guilty in the past of getting involved in the bullshit. I'll try not to in future.

I almost never get involved in it, to the point where I usually don't even proffer an actual opinion on any subject to avoid getting dragged into an argument.

It's a shame really, because I reckon I'd be really fucking good at exchanging sweary, inventive insults.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

maybe I'm viewing things through rose tinted glasses but I'm sure back in the day there was plenty of back and forth and arguments and name calling but somehow it was still an ok forum and place to be

On 1/22/2014 at 5:19 AM, Amadeus said:

Seriously, Rhumsaa? C word in the topic description? New low.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
On 8/1/2019 at 7:07 AM, Rhumsaa said:

You're 100% right fella. Its really shit now compared to what it was. I don't know why Unisol bothers keeping it going, it must cost him.