Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
TheDruid-3X3

Flash Player Phase Out

I just got a Message that Flash Player will be getting Phased Out from Chrome.

Says that at the end of 2020, we will not be able to Play Arcade Games after Flash Player is Phased Out and from now on until then, we have to click an Icon in order to Enable Flash Player.

I had been wondering what was up as for the past 8 months or so, I would have to Click On Enable Flash Reader every time I wanted to Play the Flash Games. I originally thought that I had some Virus or an outdated Internet Access Program.

So from what I read, they are not putting into place anything to replace Flash Player. What is the Scam here?! Are they going to make us Pay $$$ to get the New Utility that replaces Flash Player?!

I bet that is what those Money Grubbing Assholes are doing!

3X3

This is the Message I got:

Today, Adobe announced its plans to stop supporting Flash at the end of 2020.

For 20 years, Flash has helped shape the way that you play games, watch videos and run applications on the web. But over the last few years, Flash has become less common. Three years ago, 80 percent of desktop Chrome users visited a site with Flash each day. Today usage is only 17 percent and continues to decline.

This trend reveals that sites are migrating to open web technologies, which are faster and more power-efficient than Flash. They’re also more secure, so you can be safer while shopping, banking, or reading sensitive documents. They also work on both mobile and desktop, so you can visit your favorite site anywhere.

These open web technologies became the default experience for Chrome late last year when sites started needing to ask your permission to run Flash. Chrome will continue phasing out Flash over the next few years, first by asking for your permission to run Flash in more situations, and eventually disabling it by default. We will remove Flash completely from Chrome toward the end of 2020.

If you regularly visit a site that uses Flash today, you may be wondering how this affects you. If the site migrates to open web standards, you shouldn’t notice much difference except that you'll no longer see prompts to run Flash on that site. If the site continues to use Flash, and you give the site permission to run Flash, it will work through the end of 2020.

It’s taken a lot of close work with Adobe, other browsers, and major publishers to make sure the web is ready to be Flash-free. We’re supportive of Adobe’s announcement today, and we look forward to working with everyone to make the web even better.

POSTED IN: 

And suddenly after getting that Message, I have to Double Click Everything to get Anything to Work.

What the Fuck is up with Chrome?!

3X3

Since getting those Messages, Chrome seems to be Slow and doing Minor Malfunctions.

And every time I Boot Up, it prompts me to Click on an Icon to Disable Flash Player.

So some reason, those Assholes are Trying Hard to get rid of Flash Player.

3X3

What scares me much more is what happens when they start phasing out Windows 7, due to start next January.  I absolutely, totally, do not want to use Windows 8 or 10 as I find them the most irritating operating systems on the planet, if not the entire universe. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Never heard of Windows 8 but had to get Windows 10 with a New Computer in November 2017 when my Old Windows XP Computer's Hard Drive konked out.

I concur on Windows 10.

When I am Typing a Message or Playing a Computer Game, my Windows 10 Machine suddenly starts doing all kinds of Weird Things such as Opening Weird Windows that you never clicked on, Control Panel Window suddenly Opening asking what it can Help You with, or the spontaneously Screen Scrolling Up & Down.

And when I actually try to make those things happen on purpose to see what is Triggering Them, it will not happen.

So Annoying!!!

Windows XP was so User Friendly.

3X3

Edited by TheDruid-3X3

After about a couple of weeks of having this weird Tool Bar that constantly prompted me to Disable Abode Flash Player, my Windows 10 Computer froze and then when I did get it to Shut Down for a Reset, would not Boot Back Up Again.

I do not know if it had something to do with the weird Tool Bar or a Virus that came in through an Emailed Attachment, but I had to run the System Automatic Repair and did a Total System Reset on my Computer.

My Abode Flash Player got Erased from doing the Systems Reset so I can not Play Any Games at the moment on the Arcades of my Favorite Cyber Community BC Forums.  So I am having to go to my local Computer Shop to get Abode Flash Player reinstalled.

The Systems Reset also Erased all my Cookies and stored Passwords, so I am having to Log Back In with all of my Favorite Social Media Websites.  So today after work, I hacked back into Manx Forums.

3X3

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2019 at 2:23 PM, BallaDoc said:

What scares me much more is what happens when they start phasing out Windows 7, due to start next January.  I absolutely, totally, do not want to use Windows 8 or 10 as I find them the most irritating operating systems on the planet, if not the entire universe. 

In regard to W7, well similar for me. I did buy the offered (I think it was 9.99) DVD set from MS of W8 (not 8.1) when it first came out and I really really tried to like it, honestly. I put up with it for six months before I gave up. I concluded it was built too much with touch-screens in mind really. I do realise 8.1 fixed this in some degree but by that point I'd completely lost any interest in it. I did try it (8.1) as  VM but was again not really impressed. Also not keen on the square look of it compared to the decent Aero type buttons effects with W7.

W10 again I tried it, again I tried really had to like it. Despite several stuck reboot loops occasionally which were a right pig to fix because it tries too hard to be 'friendly' and not give easy access to sensible tools unlike previous versions, I was not too impressed. The main ultimate sticking point here was the updates for W10, they are f-ing huge lol usually! They are almost like complete builds, so instead of say anything between 10Mb to 400Mb for a W7 or earlier update its now like 2,3,4Gb! , this is a serious issue for me as ( a ) I  have a slow-ish connection but I can live wit that happily enough but more importantly I have to in effect pay per Gb (I have got the cost down now) but its completely to me not acceptable to have to download 3-4Gb of update every month or two. :D I did look into obtaining them via DVD but it seems MS is not terribly interested in doing this, and its not really convenient to download a full build using a neighbours machine and then upgrade it that way. The privacy nonsense that did surround it at one point: I'm not fussed about, my thoughts on this are very simple (possibly untrue but bleh) simply that I do not think W10 was doing anything that previous versions were 'capable' of doing, the only difference as I see it , it was shown more. Proof ? Take a look at the NT4 SP5 if you can find it ;) It is or was (either by accident or design) in plain text in that.

I did look at trying ot make one of the Apple OS's run properly on a PC but its a bit traumatic and bothersome. Having been exposed to an ancient Apple Mac in the late 90's (it was a PowerPC6100 if memory serves) complete with system6 or system7 that I managed to upgrade, and I did not like it. I know they have had a couple of complete changes but I don't really like the 'feel' of them somehow that much. Beyond that I recall playing very briefly with one of the slightly later units, I can't recall what model it was but it was one of the CRT based units with the translucent type case, if that makes sense. They are probably ancient now too if I recall it was something like 800Mhz.

To be fair the PowerPC thing I was given, iirc it had a 2GB SCSI drive. Did have loads of issues it would not accept differeing brands of optical drives was very picky indeed. The OS was really in comparison I suppose to W3.1 rather than W95, and it did feel very fast for what it was. Same for that translucent unit if it was 800 or so, I think it was around that speed anyway, but it did feel fast.

Rock / Hard Place with me regarding W7 though!  :( :D Hmm.

Someone mentioned XP and yes I agree it was nice to use, a bit like W2000 but games actually worked properly (mouse control for DOS based stuff really I think) , I did have the x64 version of this but drivers were a bit thin on the ground. I still have it running as a VM actually even now. That along with the latest 'pos' variant of XP ;)

EDIT... Flash, well the last time I reinstalled (W7) I never bothered with it. Some sites don't work properly but there does seem to be a move away from it as previously mentioned. Its been OK "flash-less" for a few months. Firefox being my main primary browser.

Edited by AndyF

For me, the best OS was Windows XP.  It did everything I needed it to do: played audio and video, did spreadsheets, word processing and email, and it was fast and easy to use.  I would still be using it today except that people were forced to upgrade to Windows 7 etc whether they wanted to or not, because new hardware and software was increasingly incompatible with Windows XP.

The main thing I dislike about Windows 8 and 10 is that they seem to have been designed specifically for stupid people with the attention span of a goldfish.  It's hard to find the useful things like the file directory, but there is a lot of useless stuff which is "in your face" all the time like the constantly flipping windows showing me the latest tweets, Facebook posts, celebrity news, stock market reports and so on which I am really not interested in.

I am dreading what Windows 12 will be like - probably more of the same only worse.  

• Like 1