Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
somewhatdamaged

Any loss assessors on the Island?

In the process of an insurance claim on the house, and considering covering myself by hiring a loss assessor, as i know the current loss adjuster will be working on the side of the insurance company to ultimately minimise the payout, and consequently maybe affect the quality of the repair work

thanks

Old Gubay had a name for insurance loss adjusters, now what was it? Hmmm.....Oh that's it, Bunch of Cnuts!

Posted (edited)

Last claim here (ages ago) I had some fella from McLarens come over from Liverpool. He tried to stitch me up over the house rebuilding cost valuation to proportionally reduce the claim. A long dispute ensued at a very inconvenient time in my life and he decided to double down on his very poor quality decision. I didn't give up and eventually won but could really have done without it.

I have had another big (subsidence) claim off island and it was Cunningham Lindsey this time. After 3 years of imo cheating and lying (eg after digging a 3m trial pit and back filling it the next day after pronouncing the foundations that they hadn't actually reached were defective) and trying all sort of other underhand tricks, I was paid in full. The original proposed settlement would have cost me a life changing amount.

I never thought I'd ever agree with Albert but he was not far off. Record everything. Take lots of pictures. Pay for independent advice if you don't agree and fight!

Me bitter? nah.... but I wouldn't be so nice next time. : )

Edited by ballaughbiker

5 hours ago, Max Power said:

Old Gubay had a name for insurance loss adjusters, now what was it? Hmmm.....Oh that's it, Bunch of Cnuts!

It's fair to say I think that he would have known one.

• Like 1

I am unfortunately dealing with Sedgwick (formerly Cunningham Lindsey)

They have an atrocious reputation, so crossing my fingers for a successful resolution.  

It's not a huge claim by any means!