Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Non-Believer

Howard's First Three Years

But he can say all this crap can't he. He can easily say it and get away with it because there's no election for 2 years. The only people that could possibly argue against it  - can't - i.e. voters. No voters elected him CM anyway!

He's the third CM in a row in a holding pattern...keeping govt salaries and pensions at 36,000ft...while the majority of the rest of us have to fly at 50ft dodging hills and trees.

Just another bullshitter...dodging the real issues again.

A big fat phoney!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

But he can say all this crap can't he. He can easily say it and get away with it because there's no election for 2 years. The only people that could possibly argue against it  - can't - i.e. voters. No voters elected him CM anyway!

He's the third CM in a row in a holding pattern...keeping govt salaries and pensions at 36,000ft...while the majority of the rest of us have to fly at 50ft dodging hills and trees.

A big fat phoney!

Don't forget his grants :lol:

• Like 1

Mr Quayle rather personifies the lower boundaries of the Dunning-Kruger effect. The odd misplaced and unwarranted smattering of Latin here and there only serves to reinforce the effect.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Did you ever meet Richard Corkill or Tony Brown? Both were trying extra hard not to trip over their extra large shoes. 

Met Brown once and found him to be slightly reminiscent of a character in Chitty  Chitty Bang Bang. He was a better orator than Quayle though. I can’t believe I’m saying that though..

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

Mr Quayle rather personifies the lower boundaries of the Dunning-Kruger effect. The odd misplaced and unwarranted smattering of Latin here and there only serves to reinforce the effect.

Absolutely. And the fondness for quotes that usually incorporate an error.

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

magnum stultus!

25 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

magnum stultus!

Hoc est, quod licet.

11 hours ago, Twitch said:

Met Brown once and found him to be slightly reminiscent of a character in Chitty  Chitty Bang Bang.

Baron Bomburst..?

Posted (edited)

Caesar adsum iam forte Brutus etalongtail

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

.....Caesar Juan sic in omnibus Brutus sic inat

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

A big fat phoney!

He is in place - I now realise - to keep arch Thatcherite Mr Cannan away from the CM's chair

'Doing less harm than Alf' - not the best mandate!