Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Non-Believer

Howard's First Three Years

Recommended Posts

But he can say all this crap can't he. He can easily say it and get away with it because there's no election for 2 years. The only people that could possibly argue against it  - can't - i.e. voters. No voters elected him CM anyway!

He's the third CM in a row in a holding pattern...keeping govt salaries and pensions at 36,000ft...while the majority of the rest of us have to fly at 50ft dodging hills and trees.

Just another bullshitter...dodging the real issues again.

A big fat phoney!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

But he can say all this crap can't he. He can easily say it and get away with it because there's no election for 2 years. The only people that could possibly argue against it  - can't - i.e. voters. No voters elected him CM anyway!

He's the third CM in a row in a holding pattern...keeping govt salaries and pensions at 36,000ft...while the majority of the rest of us have to fly at 50ft dodging hills and trees.

Just another bullshitter...dodging the real issues again.

A big fat phoney!

Don't forget his grants :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Quayle rather personifies the lower boundaries of the Dunning-Kruger effect. The odd misplaced and unwarranted smattering of Latin here and there only serves to reinforce the effect.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Did you ever meet Richard Corkill or Tony Brown? Both were trying extra hard not to trip over their extra large shoes. 

Met Brown once and found him to be slightly reminiscent of a character in Chitty  Chitty Bang Bang. He was a better orator than Quayle though. I can’t believe I’m saying that though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gettafa said:

Mr Quayle rather personifies the lower boundaries of the Dunning-Kruger effect. The odd misplaced and unwarranted smattering of Latin here and there only serves to reinforce the effect.

Absolutely. And the fondness for quotes that usually incorporate an error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gettafa said:

Mr Quayle rather personifies the lower boundaries of the Dunning-Kruger effect. The odd misplaced and unwarranted smattering of Latin here and there only serves to reinforce the effect.

magnum stultus!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

magnum stultus!

Hoc est, quod licet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Twitch said:

Met Brown once and found him to be slightly reminiscent of a character in Chitty  Chitty Bang Bang.

Baron Bomburst..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Caesar adsum iam forte Brutus etalongtail

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

.....Caesar Juan sic in omnibus Brutus sic inat

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

But he can say all this crap can't he. He can easily say it and get away with it because there's no election for 2 years. The only people that could possibly argue against it  - can't - i.e. voters. No voters elected him CM anyway!

He's the third CM in a row in a holding pattern...keeping govt salaries and pensions at 36,000ft...while the majority of the rest of us have to fly at 50ft dodging hills and trees.

Just another bullshitter...dodging the real issues again.

A big fat phoney!

He is in place - I now realise - to keep arch Thatcherite Mr Cannan away from the CM's chair

'Doing less harm than Alf' - not the best mandate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...