Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Heroin

I've been a bit shocked to see how a small place with a sea border could become so under the influence of this evil drug. We seem to have little nests of users in the scummy flats people like 'you know who' rent out to DHSS cases in Christian Road, Harris Terrace, all around the Broadway area and various parts of town. It seems the DHSS drug people are swamped and help is hard to come by? 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I've been a bit shocked to see how a small place with a sea border could become so under the influence of this evil drug. We seem to have little nests of users in the scummy flats people like 'you know who' rent out to DHSS cases in Christian Road, Harris Terrace, all around the Broadway area and various parts of town. It seems the DHSS drug people are swamped and help is hard to come by? 

The irony is that I know about 5 people who are regularly dealing so why don't the police know and do something about it? The only people I see getting done have about 10p or untraceable levels of weed on them which makes me believe drug dealing here is a multi level earnings scheme and it suits many people to pretend it isn’t happening.  Just chuck a few bottom feeders inside from time to time and that does the trick in terms of public perception. 

Edited by Grounds Keeper Willy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

The irony is that I know about 5 people who are regularly dealing so why don't the police know and do something about it? The only people I see getting done have about 10p or untraceable levels of weed on them which makes me believe drug dealing here is a multi level earnings scheme and it suits many people to pretend it isn’t happening.  Just chuck a few bottom feeders inside from time to time and that does the trick in terms of public perception. 

Maybe you should tell them? 

I don’t think psychic powers come with the job. 

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

It does make you wonder Willy, do the authorities just think that allowing the circulation of this crap keeps relative no hopers out of their brains and causing less trouble than if they were on drink? 

• Like 1

If the little cubicles in the chemists are anything to go by bushiness seems to be booming, and may I say there is a fair spread of the population  dynamics. And not all of them are thieves and muggers.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It does make you wonder Willy, do the authorities just think that allowing the circulation of this crap keeps relative no hopers out of their brains and causing less trouble than if they were on drink? 

I have to say I know a lot of people I went to school with or knew many years ago who are shot to pieces by their 40’s from long term substance abuse there’s a lot of walking wounded around town, there’s also a few who seem to have done very well off no real visible career path or earnings. I don’t think that I’m the only person who can see what’s going on. As for the above comment who would shop them if they suspect it’s a multi level scheme? You’ll just get a visit. 

Edited by Grounds Keeper Willy

14 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I have to say I know a lot of people I went to school with or knew many years ago who are shot to pieces by their 40’s from long term substance abuse there’s a lot of walking wounded around town, there’s also a few who seem to have done very well off no real visible career path or earnings. I don’t think that I’m the only person who can see what’s going on. As for the above comment who would shop them if they suspect it’s a multi level scheme? You’ll just get a visit. 

Isn't this what crimestoppers anonymous is for?

• Like 1

There is no drug problem on this island, that’s why they stopped funding for rehab. Nothing to see here. 

Would love to know what they spend on methadone over here, the chemists are full every day with smack heads. 

Also, top top tune by the Velvet Underground 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

And have you reported these people to the authorities?

42 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

there’s also a few who seem to have done very well off no real visible career path or earnings. 

Do they pay income tax? Are the tax authorities bothered or have they been told to back off from the protected species?

1 hour ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

If you know who they are then why not drop the plod a line via their anonymous report line?

12 hours ago, Viddy well said:

And have you reported these people to the authorities?

maybe they are the authorities.

12 hours ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

As for the above comment who would shop them if they suspect it’s a multi level scheme? You’ll just get a visit. 

I apologise if I'm being a bit dense but what exactly do you mean by that?