Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
manxman34

Dogging Handlers?

Plus they didn't have to say he was a BMW driver. But they did.

I would say his rant backfired spectacularly

Posted (edited)

I just think it makes him look a silly billy.

Edited by gettafa

I don't know. Maybe he has caused someone inconvenience. Knowing human nature,  his accusation, while seemingly bizarre, is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.  

• Like 1

But hardly mitigation for speeding.

• Like 1

Certainly not, and I wouldn't suggest otherwise. Unless of course he'd just heard of the goings on at the Sea Terminal and was heading out there to cop an eyeful of cop. 

• Like 1

Aye, but he did: From Manx Radio

"In mitigation, the 33-year-old told the court police dog handlers were having sex at the Sea Terminal and the Constabulary should be catching drug dealers instead of speeding motorists."

I

Is it normal for reporters to sit through court sessions for petty driving offences held by the Magistrate's Court? What a weird thing to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timetraveler said:

Is it normal for reporters to sit through court sessions for petty driving offences held by the Magistrate's Court? What a weird thing to do. 

Yes it is. Sadly. 

Good point tt. They were obviously given the nod that they could make a bit of a 'story' out of this one.

11 minutes ago, timetraveler said:

Jason Roberts works as a freelance reporter, and sells 'newsworthy' reports to both 3FM and Manx Radio. 

Presumably he sits through a lot of mundane crap, which no-one is interested in, but occasionally, he'll pick up a little gem like this!

So what does he do for an income if he sits through court all week and barely anything or literally nothing interesting happens? It can't pay good money. He must be getting an income from elsewhere. I wonder if he can claim "sitting and waiting" as not working and thereby make a claim as a part-time worker for Employed Person's Allowance. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nellie said:

Jason Roberts works as a freelance reporter, and sells 'newsworthy' reports to both 3FM and Manx Radio. 

Presumably he sits through a lot of mundane crap, which no-one is interested in, but occasionally, he'll pick up a little gem like this!

Well, whoever does the court reports for IOM Newspapers is semi-literate. Something I've noticed for years, ever since Wotsherface shuffled off.