Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
manxman34

Dogging Handlers?

6 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Well done - I think that counts as actionable defamation. I hope Jason reports back on his civil legal claim against you.

Oh dear,butt hurt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Happens all the time, police, dogs, foursomes, woof woof, ayeee knot there!

The next one is due at Nobles, 23.30 Saturday if anyone is interested!

You have to wonder if this sort of accusation is beneficial, he's a loony, standard fine or he;s crazy,don't draw attention to what he is saying, standard fine???

You can't blame the guy for having a go at what he 'thinks' is right!!!

PS. You'll notice 'Flinty' is very quiet on this one!!!!

It’s all gone to the dogs since I left.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Well done - I think that counts as actionable defamation. I hope Jason reports back on his civil legal claim against you.

Is that the same or different as saying someone should be taken out by a "wet ops team" on a national radio station? #AskingForAFriend 

Edited by foxdaleliberationfront
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Is that the same or different as saying someone should be taken out by a "wet ops team" on a national radio station? #AskingForAFriend 

I was threatened with legal and criminal action over that and told not to leave the island while cops looked into it.

What's sauce for the goose...

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

I was threatened with legal and criminal action over that and told not to leave the island while cops looked into it.

What's sauce for the goose...

Not a lot anyone could’ve done unless it was a court issued bail condition not to leave the island? Did the cops say that to you? 

50 minutes ago, manxst said:

Not a lot anyone could’ve done unless it was a court issued bail condition not to leave the island? Did the cops say that to you? 

If a cop says stay around my first reaction isn't to argue. But I'll know for next time, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Was there any such threat from anyone aside from the notorious bell-end who you made the flippant comment about? I can see that the police would need to investigate the complaint made by said bell-end, but I struggle to see anyone (aside from bell-end himself) could have thought there was any serious question of prosecution. Just curious.

3 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

But Stu, you didn't need to leave the Island.  You had your wet ops to carry out your instructions.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Yibble said:

Was there any such threat from anyone aside from the notorious bell-end who you made the flippant comment about? I can see that the police would need to investigate the complaint made by said bell-end, but I struggle to see anyone (aside from bell-end himself) could have thought there was any serious question of prosecution. Just curious.

I think he-who-must-not-be-named had friends on the Island who grassed me up (I prefer to think of them as fifth columnists) and of course there's a legion of people who think I'm an arse anyway and enjoyed my temporary discomfiture. Richard Butt ran a poll on the newspaper's website which asked who was the biggest arse, and I think the complainant narrowly won...close call though.

It's all quite amusing in retrospect, but at the time a number of people raised the Defcom level and it could have turned quite nasty.

I would think it was more a case that he heard his name was mentioned on the radio and went tangential with it. He was due for a visit as a guest speaker for Positive Action Group but then pulled out, which was a pity.

4 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

I think he-who-must-not-be-named had friends on the Island who grassed me up (I prefer to think of them as fifth columnists) and of course there's a legion of people who think I'm an arse anyway and enjoyed my temporary discomfiture. Richard Butt ran a poll on the newspaper's website which asked who was the biggest arse, and I think the complainant narrowly won...close call though.

It's all quite amusing in retrospect, but at the time a number of people raised the Defcom level and it could have turned quite nasty.

I do maintain regular contact with "he who must not be named". But I'm not sad enough to listen to your boring radio show, so it wasn't me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, timetraveler said:

I do maintain regular contact with "he who must not be named". But I'm not sad enough to listen to your boring radio show, so it wasn't me.

Good for you. Well done. You're not missed. Hope you're enjoying the harm he tries to do to the Isle of Man at every opportunity.

On 8/19/2019 at 8:11 PM, forestboy said:

Esther Richmond was very good. 

I’ll bet she’s pissed off at the mess they made of resurfacing her hill.

• Confused 1

Are Manx Radio over paying if one of their staff can 'own; a Hill?. Well, let her pay for the repairs!

Esther worked for the papers I think

• Like 1