Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
MrPB

Manx Telecom - absolute crap

7 hours ago, timetraveler said:

The thing is, the Isle of Man, even regardless of any potential future economic growth in the UK and US, is in a state of decline. No amount of relocations to the IOM Business Park will change the fact that businesses are leaving this jurisdiction. 

I was discussing this just the other day with a chap that knows a thing or two and has more than a few bob. His impression was that we are seeing more people leaving than arriving too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I was discussing this just the other day with a chap that knows a thing or two and has more than a few bob. His impression was that we are seeing more people leaving than arriving too.

Most people think stagnation at best, except Chris Thomas and co and the planners, who are intent on covering the island in concrete to serve the needs of the building industry ( add name as required) !

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Don't let Howard, Chris, Lawrence and Rob hear you saying that.... :lol:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

You do know you can use that all the time on island too?

Yes indeed I use it every day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Don't let Howard, Chris, Lawrence and Rob hear you saying that.... :lol:

If they did hear it and it persuaded them to leave too, that’d be a real result.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Because I spend a lot of time in Europe and have a large data demand in supporting other computers remotely among other things I pay the top amount of £50pm. Most users would find the cheaper options just as good.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, timetraveler said:

The thing is, the Isle of Man, even regardless of any potential future economic growth in the UK and US, is in a state of decline. No amount of relocations to the IOM Business Park will change the fact that businesses are leaving this jurisdiction. 

I lay the blame for this at the door of Mr Quayle & his conservative with a small c chums in CoMin

The laissez-faire approach of letting business do as it wants with 'facilitation' from DfE - rather than actively planning & developing the economy - is not really taking us anywhere

Edited by Donald Trumps

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

I lay the blame for this at the door of Mr Quayle & his conservative with a small c chums in CoMin

The laissez-faire approach of letting business do as it wants with 'facilitation' from DfE - rather than actively planning & developing the economy - is not really taking us anywhere

My own experience of DfE was pretty poor. It doesn't really provide a lot beyond the excellent small business scheme. I had perhaps naively expected network, connections, a shared interest in my projects. As it was, there wasn't much of that. Shame really. They really could facilitate and catalyse growth. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

I disagree. The DfE is actively holding just about every area of the economy back. What help do successful private businesses need from a department comprising of trinket salesmen and life served civil servants? We’re better just letting private enterprise get on with it rather than the DfE sticking its beak into everything looking for things to do which is actively stopping people coming here and expanding. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, timetraveler said:

I pay Manx Telecom over £50 per month while a relative who is with Sure pays £33 per month for the exact same service. 

Well that does beg a question 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

Whether it's MT or Sure, they're both better than tin cans and string.

Oh no is isn't. String and cans are shit, it takes me 45 days to download a movie over string and 53 on MTel!!!

Perhaps if we were not so dependent on mobile connection to 1 in 30 posts that are of interest to us, we would have better home searching facilities?

Edited by Kopek

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Oh no is isn't. String and cans are shit, it takes me 45 days to download a movie over string and 53 on MTel!!!

Perhaps if we were not so dependent on mobile connection to 1 in 30 posts that are of interest to us, we would have better home searching facilities?

Eh ?

Manx Telecom are not shit. Far from it. Too many infantile posters on here trying to be the man. Grow up, get a grip then get on with your life.

• Like 1