Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
MrPB

Manx Telecom - absolute crap

Said it before and I will day it again.

Posters (there are a few above) whinging about broadband.  It’s nearly always the WiFi that is at fault and not the broadband.  On the very few occasions I or a relative or friend who have asked me to check have had an actual broadband issue it has been fixed quickly and efficiently and at no charge.

The telecom company you pay for broadband have an obligation to provide that service to the master socket in your property.

everything beyond that point is your issue, even if you are using the router supplied by the telecoms company.

wifi and broadband are two completely separate things.  Either learn how to sort it yourself or pay a pro to put proper WiFi through your house.  Complaining your WiFi is shit to the telecom company is like blaming the MUA because it’s dark in a room where you have only fitted one crappy lightbulb.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2019 at 11:13 AM, trmpton said:

A typical short sighted attitude.

if everyone does that, MT and Sure won’t have the incentive (or funds) to maintain the infrastructures that your EE SIM will be roaming into.

A few years down the line people will be complaining that the coverage is patchy and speed is poor because sure as eggs are eggs EE won’t be installing all the equipment required to run their own network here.

I reckon the non-commercial mobile market is not that big, in revenue terms. The money will be in the commercial side.   

On 9/9/2019 at 7:52 PM, dilligaf said:

If you do stay away will you try to find me a decent effing keyboard that just types what I want ?

Bit harsh blaming the keyboard, dilli. I'm sure it's doing its best..........

On 9/9/2019 at 8:33 PM, the stinking enigma said:

i find unclenching my fingers helps

Really? I thought you just used your knuckles.

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I reckon the non-commercial mobile market is not that big, in revenue terms. 

Full marks for doing what they can to maximise it, though.

Just now, woolley said:

Full marks for doing what they can to maximise it, though.

One does have to ask what those useless bods at the office of Fair Trading do all day. They certainly ain't looking after Joe Bloggs.

• Like 1

Recently stayed in an apartment contained within the stonewalls of a 1200 year old roman palace in Split, Croatia. Broadband download speed within the apartment  was 60+ Mbps.

Where there’s a will...........