Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
hissingsid

Shotgun seized

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WTF said:

my money is on a rabbit phoning it in.

Or Elmer Fudd being arrested! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Derick can you confirm or not officer shuhy was banned from the gun club up at the range ;windy corner when he first come over 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gizo said:

Poor little souls had to carry heavy equipment a long way too. Pray for schooey 

It does look as if the whole thing has been overkill. It will be interesting when the actual story emerges. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ben dover said:

Hi Derick can you confirm or not officer shuhy was banned from the gun club up at the range ;windy corner when he first come over 

I love unsubstantiated leading claims from shoulder-chipped rando posters with spelling issues, they're some of my favourites!

Ben, can you confirm the denials that you're a lizard person from the planet Volgotron?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ben dover said:

Hi Derick can you confirm or not officer shuhy was banned from the gun club up at the range ;windy corner when he first come over 

 

8 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

I love unsubstantiated leading claims from shoulder-chipped rando posters with spelling issues, they're some of my favourites!

Ben, can you confirm the denials that you're a lizard person from the planet Volgotron?

I was thinking the same thing Bobbie. 

Ben - how the f@ck am I supposed to know that?

What I do know is that all instructors are fully qualified range conducting officers and regularly run it in that capacity. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It does look as if the whole thing has been overkill. It will be interesting when the actual story emerges. . 

Member of public reports shooting activity "which nearly hit him".

Putting aside the validity of the judgement of the member of public, the police are faced with a potential situation where on the face of it:

 

  • Some twat might be using a firearm in an unsafe way which exposes other to risk or _actually_ be a nutter taking pot shots at people
  • They have a duty to investigate
  • The nutter might shoot at them as they approach

 

How else are Police supposed to respond other than sending AFOs, dogs etc. "mob-handed" to mitigate the worst case threat? 

In all likelihood (here on IoM) the situation they discover will be far removed from the worst case scenario - maybe some chap potting bunnies with a .22 on private land and a (inadvertent trespasser) walker nearby is alarmed - but until investigated there is the possibility that: 

  • someone has flipped and is shooting at people
  • they have a powerful weapon and the skill to use it
  • they will respond negatively to the perceived threat of Police coming to investigate / intervene

Don't see how the Police can do other than approach with caution, and deploy all the resources that are reasonable to minimise the possible risk to themselves.  

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure most people would agree with what you are saying Steve. Me included up to a point.

However, and in defiance to Derek's assertions, I know of an officer who is an out and out liar and thoroughly untrustworthy (plenty of reason to back that up and the courts have  confirmed his ability to hide the truth) but who is apparently fit to carry out fire arms training. I wouldn't trust him with traffic duty, but there you go. I suppose there are always such elements and clearly the force feel he has a contribution to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I know of an officer who is an out and out liar and thoroughly untrustworthy

So you're going to tarnish the entire police force just because you dislike one officer? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's not what I am doing. I said I agreed with the post above. I have much respect for our police.

It's an important point you make though. Which is why such as our police, judiciary etc have to have as far as possible impeccable integrity.

For the sake of that collective integrity, when a bad apple is known then they should be expelled. That isn't always the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gettafa said:

Well that's not what I am doing. I said I agreed with the post above. I have much respect for our police.

It's an important point you make though. Which is why such as our police, judiciary etc have to have as far as possible impeccable integrity.

For the sake of that collective integrity, when a bad apple is known then they should be expelled. That isn't always the case.

Did you complain, and what was the result? Did you get fobbed off by ‘he’s been spoken to’, or were you satisfied with the result? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gettafa said:

I'm sure most people would agree with what you are saying Steve. Me included up to a point.

However, and in defiance to Derek's assertions, I know of an officer who is an out and out liar and thoroughly untrustworthy (plenty of reason to back that up and the courts have  confirmed his ability to hide the truth) but who is apparently fit to carry out fire arms training. I wouldn't trust him with traffic duty, but there you go. I suppose there are always such elements and clearly the force feel he has a contribution to make.

I would urge you to make your concerns known to the Constabulary, in writing to the Chief Constable. If there is an officer in service who is clearly corrupt, and has questionable judgemental skills, then that is the last sort of person we want on a firearms team. 

Let me know how you get on. Its important that you do something about this. For everyone's safety. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

 

 

Ben - how the f@ck am I supposed to know that?

 

probably more important to not know that i reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I would urge you to make your concerns known to the Constabulary, in writing to the Chief Constable. If there is an officer in service who is clearly corrupt, and has questionable judgemental skills, then that is the last sort of person we want on a firearms team. 

Let me know how you get on. Its important that you do something about this. For everyone's safety. 

 

Could "gettafa" PM you and you filter it back on the QT. I would never make a formal complaint against any police officer. Call me a wimp, but this is a very small community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Could "gettafa" PM you and you filter it back on the QT. I would never make a formal complaint against any police officer. Call me a wimp, but this is a very small community.

Aye, your door "unlocked" with the "big red key" in the middle of the night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...