Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Manx Bean

Extinction Rebellion, Yessir!

54 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Dodging the question as ever, no surprise.

what question........what law..........

:rolleyes:

the extremists (who aren't using scientific facts) should be removed so people can go about as they please......

go and watch afneil interview which has just been shown on bbc2........these er nutter want locking up......

• Thanks 1

Can you not read? I asked you the same question three times without reply. Re the water cannons, what do you think Kahn should have done with them?

14 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Can you not read? I asked you the same question three times without reply. Re the water cannons, what do you think Kahn should have done with them?

kept them maintained.......it's zero cost and he's gonna need them........

6 minutes ago, woody2 said:

kept them maintained.......it's zero cost and he's gonna need them........

Maintained at zero cost, how does that work then? Don't you get the illegal to use in England bit?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Maintained at zero cost, how does that work then? Don't you get the illegal to use in England bit?

police already have staff.......and yet again i ask whch law?.......

not saying there isn't.....but which law.......

kant on waste.......he has spent £1.7 million on 6 trolls........they only got small fines:rolleyes:.........he could of just blocked them......

Edited by woody2

32 minutes ago, woody2 said:

police already have staff.......and yet again i ask whch law?.......

not saying there isn't.....but which law.......

As someone who apparently has vehicles and various equipment surely you'd understand that maintenance is not free. Any maintenance would make even less sense for something you could not actually use.

I'm also sure you actually know this but Theresa May, when she was Home Secretary, refused to issue a licence for their use. Without parliamentary approval their use would be illegal.

rubber or plastic bullets ..........they leave a bruise they  can show off to fellow travellers as a badge of honour 

I have to say, if they pull any stunts that harm this island's heritage, they can kiss goodbye to any support from me. I'd send in armed police units to find them and throw them out of helicopters if I was in charge. And that anybody aiming red paint at the House of Keys which is a historic building and symbolises parliamentary democracy. If you want to throw paint at a building, I can think of better targets, though I wouldn't list them. Just don't do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Re the water cannons, what do you think Kahn should have done with them?

It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if Khan, the slimey toad, seized the opportunity to deliberately sell those vehicles to the lowest bidder in typically underhand fashion specifically to embarrass Boris. I seem to remember a flakey petition on change.org at the time - 'Please Sadiq, Don't Sell Those Vehicles - Scrap Them!' or something of that order, to prevent their use elsewhere in the democratic world. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

As someone who apparently has vehicles and various equipment surely you'd understand that maintenance is not free. Any maintenance would make even less sense for something you could not actually use.

I'm also sure you actually know this but Theresa May, when she was Home Secretary, refused to issue a licence for their use. Without parliamentary approval their use would be illegal.

so no law?........met police has it's own servicing.......

1 hour ago, quilp said:

It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if Khan, the slimey toad, seized the opportunity to deliberately sell those vehicles to the lowest bidder in typically underhand fashion specifically to embarrass Boris. I seem to remember a flakey petition on change.org at the time - 'Please Sadiq, Don't Sell Those Vehicles - Scrap Them!' or something of that order, to prevent their use elsewhere in the democratic world. 

A quick google will tell you that Khan did indeed try to sell them as working vehicles.  But rather than selling to the lowest or highest bidder, there weren't any bidders.  Boris secondhand water cannon proved no more popular that Boris buses, so they ended up sold for scrap.

• Like 2

It's about time London scrapped Khan. When is the next mayoral election? I find it tedious and obnoxious the way he interjects himself into US-UK relations with his personal and pathetic gripe with President Trump. You'd think the Queen would step in and tell him to stfu.

• Like 1

There weren't any bidders because of the restrictions placed on re-sale by the Germans to prevent them being sold to 'oppressive regimes.' Hm-m... To be fair to Boris, the blame ultimately lies with Cameron. Boris, while mayor, was tasked by Cameron to purchase the machines after the rioting which took place in 2011 and acted in good faith on Cameron's instruction. Did Boris envisage the water cannon would eventually be refused a licence by Theresa May? Probably not.

And Sadiq Khan is still a very slimey toad who'll never match Boris's record on London's crime figures...

17 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

A quick google will tell you that Khan did indeed try to sell them as working vehicles.  But rather than selling to the lowest or highest bidder, there weren't any bidders.  Boris secondhand water cannon proved no more popular that Boris buses, so they ended up sold for scrap.

That's a blow, they probably could have been used here? 

22 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That's a blow, they probably could have been used here? 

There's a load of unsold pitchforks to use up first!

• Haha 1