Cold calling too far?

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

Folk have been complaining for years so our leaders must be blind and deaf not to be aware.

In the last year I have raised it with 3 politicians including the CM and they not interested in the slightest in regulating the "God squad" - 'a step too far and not required'. They are not even prepared to require that the religious people carry visible ID.

Nevertheless, our politicians are happy for charities to have to get a licence (and carry ID) to go door knocking, and delighted to ban cold callers as long as they are not from religious groups, or themselves when electioneering. IOM ICO, an arms length agency of the Cabinet Office (and therefore not truly independent of the politicos, unlike the UK)  does not appear, so far, to wish to use GDPR to ensure that our data is being properly managed by those of us who tell the religious door knockers to get lost.

The political hypocrisy on this and a number of other issues is incredible. But regretfully we get what we deserve - after all we voted them in!

• Like 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good band name.

It would be interesting to know how many locals are tempted to sign up to the Watchtower Society. Not many, I would imagine. It has a problem with retention of worshippers, with a growing number of it

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Galen said:

In the last year I have raised it with 3 politicians including the CM and they not interested in the slightest in regulating the "God squad" - 'a step too far and not required'. They are not even prepared to require that the religious people carry visible ID.

Nevertheless, our politicians are happy for charities to have to get a licence (and carry ID) to go door knocking, and delighted to ban cold callers as long as they are not from religious groups, or themselves when electioneering. IOM ICO, an arms length agency of the Cabinet Office (and therefore not truly independent of the politicos, unlike the UK)  does not appear, so far, to wish to use GDPR to ensure that our data is being properly managed by those of us who tell the religious door knockers to get lost.

The political hypocrisy on this and a number of other issues is incredible. But regretfully we get what we deserve - after all we voted them in!

I thought somebody in the know posted not long ago that under Manx law there is no such thing as trespass (unless unlawfully entering a private house.)

57 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I thought somebody in the know posted not long ago that under Manx law there is no such thing as trespass (unless unlawfully entering a private house.)

Trespass is generally a Civil wrong and not a criminal offence. Under manx law there has historically been a criminal offence of trespass to agricultural land.

• Like 3

Our politicians will do nothing about it until they realise that Living Hope and other evangelical congregations have overtaken the more traditional churches and they are requesting that the Bishop is replaced by one of their representatives.

Hopefully things will change before that happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1