Terry Cringle IOM newspapers..

Time to pension the old fella off..Every column is full of mistakes and that free office at Manx Radio could be better utilised by a Climate Change/Refugee/free buses campaigner..This weeks column was extra special as he did not realise that the Central Hotel had been redeveloped..Only 15 years ago.Time to get someone that really has a clue...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He makes programmes for Manx Radio so I expect it's a quid pro quo arrangement. He's a remarkable gentleman is our Tel, proper old school and I have huge respect for him and elders in general. Un

Nope - I have good manners and don't think it's classy to disparage a chap in his 80's who is still working hard and doing something lots of people enjoy. Of course, since you don't, it must be r

A low point has been plumbed on MF by the sneering condemnation of this man. I don’t know Mr Cringle. I have never met him. As far as I know makes no pretence  regarding his age ,yet the ter

Posted Images

That column really is pretty sad and embarrassing. But is consequently exactly like every other page of the organ in which it appears.

• Haha 1

He makes programmes for Manx Radio so I expect it's a quid pro quo arrangement.

He's a remarkable gentleman is our Tel, proper old school and I have huge respect for him and elders in general. Unlike some of you whippersnapper arseholes.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Nope - I have good manners and don't think it's classy to disparage a chap in his 80's who is still working hard and doing something lots of people enjoy.

Of course, since you don't, it must be rubbish. What do YOU do that adds up to anything?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

The History Man on Manx Radio is brilliant stuff. Well researched and presented in a unique way. Always has been and most definitely still is.

I read the Isle of Man Newspapers every week and always enjoy the nostalgia stuff. Some excellent photos crop up.

I can't see the problem (I did wonder about The Cental Hotel thing though)

• Like 8
9 hours ago, timetraveler said:

Sounds like he has his very own fan club on Manx Forums. I'm sure he is not registered on here himself of course, just like all the other politicians, civil servants and media characters who do not have accounts on here.

You're obviously either far too young or 'new' to the Island to remember TC's contribution to (what was) proper radio and written journalism. 

• Like 6