Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Non-Believer

Local VMCC suspend Jurby Festival

40 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well the financial angle was mostly what was being discussed.  But we're not great at prosecuting corporate negligence on the Island and that of company officers even less so.  In fact anything other than banging up Goldie again seems to be a stretch for the AG's Office and even that took three attempts last time.

It was always something in the back of my mind with the supercar gig. No matter the level of expertise I employed, if something had gone wrong it would have been an uncomfortable ride. 

People are getting wiser to the implications of being a director. 

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

No it wouldn't.

Well, that's your opinion, mine is that it is too flat and lacks any interesting features making it suitable for spectator viewing. To make it viable, there would need to be a lot more use for motor sport events, meaning that the prison would be bombarded with noise for long periods, being so close.

46 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Well, that's your opinion, mine is that it is too flat and lacks any interesting features making it suitable for spectator viewing. To make it viable, there would need to be a lot more use for motor sport events, meaning that the prison would be bombarded with noise for long periods, being so close.

Good, other countries use sleep deprivation as a means of punishment!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Well it will be Jurby or bust. If I were a fan then I'd rather racing at Jurby than no racing at all! 

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Well it will be Jurby or bust. If I were a fan then I'd rather racing at Jurby than no racing at all! 

I see, you don't understand anything about racing or the TT but are willing to offer an opinion which you expect people to accept.

i heard recently that quite a few manx racers now go to anglesey to race as a prefered option,  sad really with jurby on their doorstep,  but jurby doesn't have the track options it once had.

Edited by WTF

32 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I see, you don't understand anything about racing or the TT but are willing to offer an opinion which you expect people to accept.

And you don't understand that Jurby is the only possible future for the racing events that you love so much! But are willing to demand road closures and expect others to pay for. 

3 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

And you don't understand that Jurby is the only possible future for the racing events that you love so much! But are willing to demand road closures and expect others to pay for. 

You really expose your ignorance with every post when it comes to the TT or racing in general. How much have you paid towards the road closures?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

andreas airfield is a better bet. far more sheltered.

well the motorbike racing cliub is called andreas racing association and their logo is andreas airfield triangle of runways because thats where they started,  but they did something many years ago that  got them kicked off the place.

Edited by WTF

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

You really expose your ignorance with every post when it comes to the TT or racing in general. How much have you paid towards the road closures?

Haha calm down Max. Deep down you and the other TT apologists know the days of racing on public roads are numbered. It's just a question of what will kill it off and when. 

While Jurby may not be 'perfect' in your opinion it will be the only option left. What's the old saying? You can't polish a turd, but you can stick a TT badge on it and charge clueless visitors an extortionate amount of money for it. 

As for how much I've paid personally, I'd quite like to know myself... the extra costs to police, healthcare, wear and tear being stuck in traffic... it would be good to know! I certainly haven't benefited a penny from it! 

6 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

andreas airfield is a better bet. far more sheltered.

1 minute ago, WTF said:

well the motorbike racing cliub is called andreas racing association and their logo is andreas airfield triangle of runways because thats where they started,  but they did something many years ago that  got them kicked off the place.

I'd agree that Andreas would be a much better location than Jurby. I didn't know that the ARA had upset someone? They had big plans I recall, as a kid I bought a square yard of the new track for 2/6d. Still waiting for the deeds to arrive! 

There are a few places where a circuit could be almost innocuous but I guess convincing people to spend money is the thing.

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'd agree that Andreas would be a much better location than Jurby. I didn't know that the ARA had upset someone? They had big plans I recall, as a kid I bought a square yard of the new track for 2/6d. Still waiting for the deeds to arrive! 

There are a few places where a circuit could be almost innocuous but I guess convincing people to spend money is the thing.

Only problem with Andreas is it's a bit bumpy and is still an active airport!

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

i'm not sure why they were kicked off or even if that is accurate but it is something i heard years ago when i had an interest in bike racing.