Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
thesultanofsheight

Bought for social media & placed ads

33 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

In all honesty, the only irksome part of this is that they don't have to submit receipts. I recall a certain RC was blasted on IOM news or some other forum for publishing his expenditure item by item. Seems they are doomed if they do and doomed if they don't

And indeed blasted on here.  But he did provide the very useful service of proving that even with the most creative inclusion of items, it was absolutely impossible for an MHK to spend their 'expenses' on things that would be classed as expenses in any other organisation.  Which was useful, whether intentional or not.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And indeed blasted on here.  But he did provide the very useful service of proving that even with the most creative inclusion of items, it was absolutely impossible for an MHK to spend their 'expenses' on things that would be classed as expenses in any other organisation.  Which was useful, whether intentional or not.

Without wishing to return to comments about that person but that was the main issue at that time as I recall. Even the world’s most creative justifier couldn’t actually arrive back at a number that was anywhere near £7,500 even after counting things like new shoes and suits - which aren’t really expenses anyone else could get away with in real life. Really the issue is on suitability of the [media] spend relative to the role of a politician and public disclosure 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Well, I'm putting down 7000 quid as office expenses on my tax return!

Let you know what happens???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Callister has helpfully made up more expenses in the last 12 hours and posted them online. Why would you not want a government mobile? Do you not want the Babe Station calls itemized and logged by IT? 

634AAF0B-07F2-48FB-83C6-F226A33D3693.jpeg

Edited by Cheesy Wheezy

Barrool suite?

ETA it is spelt like that!

Edited by finlo

How on earth did it cost £1,839.99 to update that website? Just looking on it, my grandson could have done that in 5 minutes for a tenner. Domain name costs are reasonably inexpensive as well. I don't doubt he paid that much but seems fairly pointless, especially since nobody even visits it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

How on earth did it cost £1,839.99 to update that website? Just looking on it, my grandson could have done that in 5 minutes for a tenner. Domain name costs are reasonably inexpensive as well. I don't doubt he paid that much but seems fairly pointless, especially since nobody even visits it.

Maybe your grandson should start a website business then

3 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I think you’ll find the amount “claimed” fir the website was almost exactly the same last year. So the cost of back dating is clearly an ongoing project. 

2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Maybe your grandson should start a website business then

He's only 7 ffs.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rushen Spy said:

He's only 7 ffs.

Well why say he could do a better job then.

16 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Well why say he could do a better job then.

I was making a point, that a child could do a better job.

5 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I was making a point, that a child could do a better job.

If you have a look on IOM N & P the quick let’s get the fake expenses out master plan has already backfired fantastically from the comments posted in reply. Apparently normal people have to pay for their parking so they are confused why it’s apparently a valid expense for an MHK. 

Edited by Cheesy Wheezy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The IPA Pool Event £347.98. So the Tax payer have paid for RC to go watch a Pool Event.                                                                                                  

Can anybody explain what this has to do with his MHK responsibilities.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

If you have a look on IOM N & P the quick let’s get the fake expenses out master plan has already backfired fantastically from the comments posted in reply. Apparently normal people have to pay for their parking so they are confused why it’s apparently a valid expense for an MHK. 

Can you please post in the other thread. This is not a thread about him. It’s about bought for social media content. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1