Jump to content

Thomas Cook Collapse


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Thanks for finding that out.

Wonder if and when they will deign to contact us?

ATOL Protected passengers with future bookings are entitled to a full refund for their cancelled holiday. The CAA will be launching a service to manage all refunds on Monday 30 September, once the flying operation has progressed. This refund service will seek to process all refunds within two months of receipt of a fully completed claims form. This is due to the poor quality of the Thomas Cook passenger data provided to the UK CAA.

https://thomascook.caa.co.uk/customers/if-you-have-a-future-booking-and-have-not-traveled-yet/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Knock-Knock again! The ATOL money is waiting to be used for this situation, it's an insurance. It's not the government's money. TC would go bust sooner or later, so you could chuck away £250m now

Knock-Knock - the ATOL money (£2.5 per holiday) is in a fund, actual cost expected to be £100m. Do you live in the real world or clinging to a small rock? TC already has debt of £1.7billion and a

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Looks as though we are NOT ATOL protected because we are outside UK?

Look at your booking. You may have paid the £2.50p ATOL fee. If so, you're covered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Looks as though we are NOT ATOL protected because we are outside UK?

I think it relates to where the flight which forms part of the package departs from.

Were you flying from the U.K.?

Have you been given an ATOL certificate with any paperwork you have received?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. we were flying from Ronaldsway.

2. In the, 'Essential Information', package it says, ' member of ABTA W6417 and licensed by ATOL no. 6042..............HOWEVER, flights direct from IOM will only be covered by our financial protection cover...........ie, insurance cover up to £3000.

Of course this was not pointed out to us and we have only discovered it thanks to you guys and your suggestions.

I rather think it's wait a short while and then see if there is any progress. ( We did pay by credit card)

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

1. we were flying from Ronaldsway.

2. In the, 'Essential Information', package it says, ' member of ABTA W6417 and licensed by ATOL no. 6042..............HOWEVER, flights direct from IOM will only be covered by our financial protection cover...........ie, insurance cover up to £3000.

Of course this was not pointed out to us and we have only discovered it thanks to you guys and your suggestions.

I rather think it's wait a short while and then see if there is any progress. ( We did pay by credit card)

Did you just book flights or flights + accommodation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Amazed that there is absolutely nothing on the Manx news sites today, nothing! We've been on to IOM news, Sam Turton, reporter, as have loads of others apparently and he says he is trying to find out what's happening.

Given their normal standard of journalism Doc, why are you surprised?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil, I'm amazed about lots of things to do with this.

No communication from the company.

Unaware that it was part of the TC group.

Amazed that no one seems to be aware that according to UK gov. web site, the whole group is in liquidation and special management.

Thomas Cook groups LSE listing has been suspended according to above.

No comment from our IOM gov.

Nothing, zilch, nada.

Without the help of the forum members and Sam we would be completely in the dark, (we still don't know what will happen).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Neil, I'm amazed about lots of things to do with this.

No communication from the company.

Unaware that it was part of the TC group.

Amazed that no one seems to be aware that according to UK gov. web site, the whole group is in liquidation and special management.

Thomas Cook groups LSE listing has been suspended according to above.

No comment from our IOM gov.

Nothing, zilch, nada.

Without the help of the forum members and Sam we would be completely in the dark, (we still don't know what will happen).

not good. People have enough to worry about knowing their holiday has just disappeared. A little useful information goes a long way

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

not good. People have enough to worry about knowing their holiday has just disappeared. A little useful information goes a long way

Well, it's all out there on the internet. It's not as if companies haven't gone bust before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Neil, I'm amazed about lots of things to do with this.

No communication from the company.

Unaware that it was part of the TC group.

Amazed that no one seems to be aware that according to UK gov. web site, the whole group is in liquidation and special management.

Thomas Cook groups LSE listing has been suspended according to above.

No comment from our IOM gov.

Nothing, zilch, nada.

Without the help of the forum members and Sam we would be completely in the dark, (we still don't know what will happen).

And they still took your hard-earned knowing the inevitable. Good luck with it doc... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...