Beach Buddies Go Political

foxdaleliberationfront

On 9/25/2019 at 12:19 AM, CharlieBrown said:

Complaining about the policy you benefitted from?

If you mean in 1998,when I transferred in, no.

transferees continue to move between forces to maintain a suitable skills and age profile for forces. There were a lot less back then, and pro rata the number of student officers was much higher. I recall one point when we had something like 50 constables in their first 2 yrs of service. Other sectors like medicine and teaching also need it.

my point was when we draft in a consultant or something, where actually using skills already in house for a cross dept inspection say, would be cheaper and more productive. 

12 hours ago, SJR said:

Are you having a pop at me because I have been on every single beach on this Island unlike Bill and his well paid charges that drive around in an empty pick ups..

Oh yeah, you found me out.  I am hugely offended by people who have been to many beaches.  Although I doubt that statement is true, as there are many beaches that are pretty much inaccessible unless from the sea or by abseiling in.

I've been to many of these over the years, via ropes, boats, kayaks, paddleboards etc.  My point was actually that I have often seen rubbish at these beaches, wished I could move some of it (i regularly come back from sea trips with handfuls of plastic) but thought 'how the hell would you actually get it out'.  You'd have to organise a group, which i should really look into arranging, but I wouldn't want to incur the wrath of the manx crabs... 

On 11/28/2019 at 10:05 AM, The Phantom said:

Oh yeah, you found me out.  I am hugely offended by people who have been to many beaches.  Although I doubt that statement is true, as there are many beaches that are pretty much inaccessible unless from the sea or by abseiling in.

I've been to many of these over the years, via ropes, boats, kayaks, paddleboards etc.  My point was actually that I have often seen rubbish at these beaches, wished I could move some of it (i regularly come back from sea trips with handfuls of plastic) but thought 'how the hell would you actually get it out'.  You'd have to organise a group, which i should really look into arranging, but I wouldn't want to incur the wrath of the manx crabs... 

Well are you having a pop because I have been on more beaches than that that clown and am not on £100k a year..

On 9/24/2019 at 12:48 AM, Stu Peters said:

I must be a disciple then, as I think Bill Dale is wonderful.

I probably don't agree with his politics or his views on things like global warming or Brexit, but where others pointlessly glue themselves to lampposts and skip school and 'demand' that 'something is done' in a mass demonstration of virtue signalling, Bill Dale actually rolls up his sleeves, musters an army of volunteers and gets on with it.

He is a better man than me.

Bill Dale worked in the media fella surely.Just a few not so angry old men like yourself.When he started the old attention seeker did quite well and it was a good unpaid cause.Clean the Islands Beaches .The trouble is that it has all gone to that small overgrown bald head.He has aligned himself to the worst attention seekers and I want to see the Beach Buddies accounts and how much he pays himself.The fact is that the beaches on the Island are in a shocking state in some available locations and those gas guzzling 4x4 vehicles do nothing.

Edited by SJR