Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Freggyragh

Greta Thunberg

On 9/27/2019 at 8:03 PM, Freggyragh said:

Hmmm. Where to start with this semi-literate jibber jabber?

1. WW2 finished in 1945. Even if you were serving as a soldier at the age of 15 in 1945 you’d be at least 89 by now. Somehow I don’t believe in this semi-literate 89 year-old war hero, seemingly unaware of the million plus vegetarian soldiers who fought for Britain in WW2. Are we supposed to believe the old soldier has forgotten how the entitled me-me baby-boomer generation beneath him spent their youth on three-day weeks or on strike? Is there really a WW2 veteran that thinks, at his age, it’s a worthwhile idea to attack a child by cobbling together a little comic-sans diatribe and posting it anonymously on a forum?

More likely this is the work of some internet warrior who has never taken so much as a punch to the face in his life, but likes to mention another generation’s sacrifice and bathe in stolen glory to push his extreme right-wing, incel, racist, anti-science, anti-social shite. 

It's also a picture of Telly Savalas from the Dirty Dozen rather than an actual veteran. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Lurker said:

It's also a picture of Telly Savalas from the Dirty Dozen rather than an actual veteran. 

Don't ruin it for him

On 9/30/2019 at 10:48 AM, mojomonkey said:

As pathetic as that meme is, it should be noted that Telly Savalas was a WW2 veteran.

I got into an online argument with someone recently over Telly Savalas.

They insisted he was not bald and regularly shaved his head by choice.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2019 at 10:21 AM, Neil Down said:

Don't ruin it for him

Savalas was a veteran, honourably discharged with a Purple Heart. The pic looks like it’s from the Dirty Dozen. The meme creator is still misappropriating the sacrifices of veterans to try and make a cheap and despicable political point. How Sir Nige. 

Edited by Freggyragh

19 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Savalas was a veteran, honourably discharges with a Purple Heart. The pic looks like it’s from the Dirty Dozen. The meme creator is still misappropriating the sacrifices of veterans to try and make cheap and despicable political point. How Sir Nige. 

Bet you're a bundle of laughs on a night out...

eco lot getting excited about a iceberg in antarctica.........

until it was pointed out that it has zero to do with (made up) man made climate change.......

What ‘eco lot’? Not on here, and I haven’t seen any ‘eco lot getting excited’ about that particular event. Are there are ecologically minded people who didn’t understand the science involved in this particular instance? Link? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Bet you're a bundle of laughs on a night out...

I’m Not on a night out when I post on here. Sharing  political memes with made up facts about volcanoes, or claiming other people’s heroism for the brexit cause certainly makes you a clown, but sadly doesn’t generate any laughs either. 

Edited by Freggyragh

3 hours ago, prism10 said:

I got into an online argument with someone recently over Telly Savalas.

They insisted he was not bald and regularly shaved his head by choice.

he did

2 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

What ‘eco lot’? Not on here, and I haven’t seen any ‘eco lot getting excited’ about that particular event. Are there are ecologically minded people who didn’t understand the science involved in this particular instance? Link? 

yes.......hence the post........:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I’m Not on a night out when I post on here. Sharing  political memes with made up facts about volcanoes, or claiming other people’s heroism for the brexit cause certainly makes you a clown, but sadly doesn’t generate any laughs either. 

As I said, you're a laugh a minute...

5 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

7E9AC155-D041-45E5-8438-C3D37A88A560.jpeg

• Like 2