Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Rushen Spy

Equality Act: Why is religion protected from discrimination, but politics is not?

26 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

The wording is very specific about religion (and some other things) then goes extremely vague to the point of meaninglessness. It doesn't categorically preclude political discrimination. Why don't they just specifically list it like they do for religion?

For Political beliefs, s15 could be re-worded as ;

Do not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of ... philosophical belief which includes a reference to a lack of belief

This seems quite wide to me. What more do you want? I expect the topic is not well documented partly because its tricky and partly because it does not happen very often, the other categories referred to do suffer discrimination on a regular basis.

The UK has legislation which is similar and guidance says;

"Beliefs such as humanism and atheism would be beliefs for the purposes of this provision but adherence to a particular football team would not be."

4 minutes ago, Phillip Dearden said:

For Political beliefs, s15 could be re-worded as ;

Do not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of ... philosophical belief which includes a reference to a lack of belief

This seems quite wide to me. What more do you want? I expect the topic is not well documented partly because its tricky and partly because it does not happen very often, the other categories referred to do suffer discrimination on a regular basis.

The UK has legislation which is similar and guidance says;

"Beliefs such as humanism and atheism would be beliefs for the purposes of this provision but adherence to a particular football team would not be."

Why not just state "political philosophy"? Why do we need to jump around politics, when religion is stated so unequivocally?

It's "wide" to the point of being nebulous; you can't pin it down to politics. As currently worded, it really just applies to belief or non-belief, religion or irreligion.  It doesn't extend to politics at all.

Can the moderators please do something about this "Dog's Dangly Bits" person? He or she or it is clearly only on here to provoke people and disrupt threads with asinine insults and petty arguments. They have demonstrated no interest in any sort of intelligent engagement with any topics.

• Sad 1

If you read the thread you'll notice the insults didn't start from me.

That aside, it seems you are offended when someone doesn't conform to your attention seeking views.    You've had people challenge your view on this topic and show it up for what it probably is.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

Can the moderators please do something about this "Dog's Dangly Bits" person? He or she or it is clearly only on here to provoke people and disrupt threads with asinine insults and petty arguments. They have demonstrated no interest in any sort of intelligent engagement with any topics.

Cheezy Wheezy is no better.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That aside, it seems you are offended when someone doesn't conform to your attention seeking views.    You've had people challenge your view on this topic and show it up for what it probably is.

Two days in row 100% perfect unintended irony

Well done Dangly, well done indeed.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

The incredible sulk only comes back when Rob asks him to in order to reap his revenge on anyone who dares to take the piss out of Rob on MF. The forums will be in full meltdown by next week as the incredible sulk rips through the threads abusing everyone who dares to push back and creating havoc to the point the mods will eventually have to step in and start banning people. He’s done it all before. He’s clearly a not well person  Although it can’t make you that well living up RCs ass. It’s your own faults for resurrecting the RC thread over his rubbish holiday snaps and fake expenses. Beetlejuice has been called. 

78C527D1-D3FB-4298-AE50-8764E2F7BB14.jpeg

Edited by Cheesy Wheezy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

If you read the thread you'll notice the insults didn't start from me.

I am thankful to all the people who have contributed to the thread, even those who have disagreed with me. You haven't contributed anything.

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Cheezy Wheezy is no better.

At least he's amusing while engaging in sarcasm. This "Dog's Dangly Bits" person is just angry and bitter.

9 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

The incredible sulk only comes back when Rob asks him to in order to reap his revenge on anyone who dares to take the piss out of Rob on MF. The forums will be in full meltdown by next week as the incredible sulk rips through the threads abusing everyone who dares to push back and creating havoc to the point the mods will eventually have to step in and start banning people. He’s done it all before. He’s clearly a not well person  Although it can’t make you that well living up RCs ass. It’s your own faults for resurrecting the RC thread over his rubbish holiday snaps and fake expenses. Beetlejuice has been called. 

78C527D1-D3FB-4298-AE50-8764E2F7BB14.jpeg

Where am I sticking up for Callister?  Next you'll be in danger of trying to show where i am all angry etc. Just because someone exposes your issues for what they are doesn't mean that person has been sent in by Callister or anyone else.

Judging by the bile I'd say boredom is killing you.

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits

10 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Where am I sticking up for Callister? 

It's literally all you do; that and sticking up for the DfE where he happens to be a departMENTAL member.

Edited by Rushen Spy