Another person with gambling issues stealing mega bucks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a thief looking for excuses for living beyond their means.

sounds like iomg........

Mental health problems another excuse to trot out.  Just legal mitigation to reduce sentencing.

32 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

A gambling habit cited as part of the reason for the crime. There have been several of these now where gambling addiction seems to be the reason for very significant thefts. 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=51100

"gambling habit" seems to be the go to excuse these days. A thief is just that... a thief

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I don't buy that exclusively. I think there is a lot of misery being created by online gambling. This is just the public manifestation of it. 

online gambling , off line gambling,    don't gamble don't get addicted.  don't smoke don't get addicted,  don't do drugs don't get addicted,  don't drink don't get addicted. quite easy really,  its not like all the info isn't out there to avoid being stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, WTF said:

online gambling , off line gambling,    don't gamble don't get addicted.  don't smoke don't get addicted,  don't do drugs don't get addicted,  don't drink don't get addicted. quite easy really,  its not like all the info isn't out there to avoid being stupid.

Must be wonderful for someone to be perfect.  Most people are just ordinary people.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

I don't buy that exclusively. I think there is a lot of misery being created by online gambling. This is just the public manifestation of it. 

Read the story, not just gambling. Drug addiction as well

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Rog said:

Must be wonderful for someone to be perfect.  Most people are just ordinary people.

Not about being perfect. It's about being sensible and not self centred

• Like 1